Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248794 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Holding Shift to toggle Stop in the player controls is working fine, but the Stop symbol doesn't show up, at least in the sidebar player.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
When hovering mouse over a playlist, the tooltip from the "description" of the playlist no longer displays as it did in v2.5.
thats added for the next update

Using the new option Icon + Text for pinned tabs.
It gives a minimal width (as per Steven's description) but is the option title not going to lead to user confusion as it doesn't actually give an icon with text on the tab?
i guess your default tab setting is text only? For pinning it now always includes the icon. I might get rid of the text-only tab setting and always show an icon

Got this error while configuring an ipod to synchronize with a single playlist.  First time I've tried setting up the ipod in MB.  When I tried to go back and duplicate the error I couldn't but thought I'd post the message should you find it helpful.
thats probably fixed for the next update (couldnt reproduce it but can see what it probably is)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

Steven

• Administrator
Holding Shift to toggle Stop in the player controls is working fine, but the Stop symbol doesn't show up, at least in the sidebar player.
i cant reproduce this. Keep in mind the shift key only takes effect if the mouse is over the player bar. Thats to stop unwanted flashing of the button everytime the shift key is pressed

rurutia10

If you hold the volume slider then let go of the mouse button on a tab, it'll open that tab. (a little annoyance sometimes..)

RTesla

Using the new option Icon + Text for pinned tabs.
It gives a minimal width (as per Steven's description) but is the option title not going to lead to user confusion as it doesn't actually give an icon with text on the tab?
i guess your default tab setting is text only? For pinning it now always includes the icon. I might get rid of the text-only tab setting and always show an icon

With that latest patch, Pinned icon + text tabs working great now. Never noticed if you click on the tab it will open the left sidebar, that's a great addition to have.

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know what you're calling these, nor do I recall reading anything about adding them, but this is -GREAT!!-  I really missed having the ability to instantly know if I was looking at selected track info and lyrics or playing track info and lyrics.  Thanks for implementing this Steven.  And thanks to whoever suggested it.
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:43:08 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

carloscs

Problem in Rip CD dialog:
that should have been fixed the other day. You are not using the most recent version

Was using a patch to the latest beta version at the time... Trying now with the just last beta (v: 3.0.5895):

It seems I was optimist: it happens all the time, not after a few rips. After ripping:
- a message about analyzing volume appears
- the cd ejects
- album data is cleared (album artist, etc)
- "CD has been removed" message appears on track list
- track list isn't cleared

Also:
Open Rip CD dialog, click on track list -> error appears:

MusicBee v3.0.5895.37007 (Win10.0), 28 fev 2016 20:00:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qi$zi2gN5yhuOAdxQKHd5yeCRdJjhTZitMaZYDY11CRM=.#=q5Cc6rOIOqmhf6E7o1yLVBv1RG_nBaHyolo82NOlyXKc=(Object #=qAeBQgyGxoHjly2CBk30lgg==, MouseEventArgs #=qCHFKEZMIHmqQfE9nPxlrJQ==)
   at #=qCBOUNiPC0oh1bLzYn4sKblfkyTE0pILYfq$vLehvHD4=.#=qCuj6GdCcWeN2a6JaNxWg9winc0Xkr4Ci_$lLnki$H9k=(MouseEventArgs #=q_6_GtwR7ZMw0t4bRd8UIoQ==)
   at #=qCBOUNiPC0oh1bLzYn4sKblfkyTE0pILYfq$vLehvHD4=.#=q_UHNj9DmVpAIriCM_er1jA==.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qXcXcNl5LmnIbC_vzrQe8Iw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qMjaHHEO4hl4D6r8AMBBxZDjiOmLk1zoS$6AuyzDs0B4=.WndProc(Message& #=qwVDro9yF69e1IIJplZLMCw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
It seems I was optimist: it happens all the time, not after a few rips. After ripping:
- a message about analyzing volume appears
- the cd ejects
- album data is cleared (album artist, etc)
- "CD has been removed" message appears on track list
- track list isn't cleared

Also:
Open Rip CD dialog, click on track list -> error appears:
both are fixed for the next update

carloscs

Another bug:

- edit a track/album and do a "Search Internet" for a picture: if a picture isn't found the not found dialog appears twice.

IIRC, it hapens also on the Rip CD dialog, but probably it's the same code path.

redwing

in the Now Playing Tab, I can't view neither Lyrics nor Artist Bio on the Main Panel Right Side unless the Right Sidebar is open.

Related to this bug, you only see scrollbar slider without the element when showing and hiding right sidebar.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i cant reproduce this. Keep in mind the shift key only takes effect if the mouse is over the player bar. Thats to stop unwanted flashing of the button everytime the shift key is pressed

It works if the track is playing, but if it's paused and you want to stop/release it, the button doesn't change.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It works if the track is playing, but if it's paused and you want to stop/release it, the button doesn't change.
that wasnt implemented in any panel but i have done so for the next update

DarkerthanDreams

Hey again all, still loving all the updates.
One glitch though, don't know if this is on my side only, but in the Now Playing Tab, I can't view neither Lyrics nor Artist Bio on the Main Panel Right Side unless the Right Sidebar is open. i.e:

No Lyrics

Lyrics Viewable

what skin is this?