Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254276 times)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the items stated as fixed above

redwing

With no lyrics plugins enabled, "Delete lyrics and redo search" command doesn't work at all for selected track.
The command works for playing track only when "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" setting is enabled.
Shouldn't it work for both tracks regardless of the setting?

fkm

Is it a bug or intentional that there is a limit on how far to the right you can drag the vertical column browser (side-by-side)?

MB 2.5 doesn't have this restriction...

Orion

After a few words about a problem I'm facing, redwing suggested I report it to you in this thread, in case it can be solved in the next update.

I'm willing to organise MusicBee V.3.0 this way :
Left Sidebar : Library Explorer to select the genre
Then, Left Main Panel : Thumbnail Browser to select between the remaining artists who correspond to the selected genre
Then, in the Main Pannel : 1. Vertical Column Browser to select the musical work (ex : Symphony No.**), which correspond to the Album tag.
                                        2. Files Panel with a Cover and Tracks view to select the interpretation (ex : which conductor conducted the symphony)

Yet, I'm facing a problem : once the Artist is selected in the Thumbnail Panel (which is on the Left Main Panel), if you click on a category in the Column Browser (which is in the Main Panel), clicking on it erases the artist you have already selected.

Ex : I select the artist (Rachmaninov), then I have a list of all his symphonies (Symphony No.1, Symphony No.2, etc.) that appears in the Column Browser, but when I click on symphony No.1, instead of narrowing the search to display only all the interpretations of Rachmaninov's Symphony No.1, I can see all the Symphonies No.1 of my collection (that of Beethoven, Brahms, Tchaikovsky and all of those that composed one...).

It doesn't occur when I create only a two column Column Browser with artist and album, only when I use the Thumbnail Browser first for artists and then the Column Browser for album.
Is there a way to associate the Thumbnail Browser and the Column Browser in order to gradualy narrow down the search the way I'd like ?

Thank you very much in advance for you help in this matter.

redwing

Just to add Orion's bug report, it only doesn't work when thumbnail browser is placed in left main panel. When thumbnail browser is in left sidebar, column browser in the main panel works fine.

Orion

Just to add Orion's bug report, it only doesn't work when thumbnail browser is placed in left main panel. When thumbnail browser is in left sidebar, column browser in the main panel works fine.

It's strange : it doesn't on mine, even in the left sidebar with column browser in the main panel : the artist I select doesn't make other albums disappear from the album list in the column browser...
Actualy, this way, the Thumbnail Browser only has an effect on the Main Panel File display.

redwing

Yeah, that's strange. It worked fine when I tried before reporting, but not now. There could be another condition.

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5893:

With MB2, in the Navigator panel when looking at folders under a drive letter under Computer, you could hit a letter on the keyboard and it would jump the highlight to the next folder starting with that letter. This doesn't happen in MB3. Intentional? If not, may I suggest supporting a quick-search whereby I can type the first few letters of a folder's name in order to highlight it?
Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:49:13 AM by SoftwareSamurai

Steven

• Administrator
With no lyrics plugins enabled, "Delete lyrics and redo search" command doesn't work at all for selected track.
The command works for playing track only when "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" setting is enabled.
Shouldn't it work for both tracks regardless of the setting?
i have added support for this command for selected tracks. I will disable it if "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" is not enabled as that tells MB the order to retrieve lyrics

Steven

• Administrator
Yet, I'm facing a problem : once the Artist is selected in the Thumbnail Panel (which is on the Left Main Panel), if you click on a category in the Column Browser (which is in the Main Panel), clicking on it erases the artist you have already selected.
thats fixed for the next v3 update

Steven

• Administrator
With MB2, in the Navigator panel when looking at folders under a drive letter under Computer, you could hit a letter on the keyboard and it would jump the highlight to the next folder starting with that letter. This doesn't happen in MB3. Intentional? If not, may I suggest supporting a quick-search whereby I can type the first few letters of a folder's name in order to highlight it?
i have added support for that in the next update

hiccup

Allow me to bump a request I have done earlier (I can't find it right now) to be able to hide this info from the status bar.
I don't believe that info is so important that it should have a permanent place, and it doesn't help in having an uncluttered look.

ankor

When there is just slightly more in a list than what can be fully displayed (like 1 item too many), the scroll bar has just a small space above the down arrow where you should be able to click and cause a scroll down.  It doesn't move.  The same thing with clicking the down arrow of the scroll bar. It acts like it thinks the list is fully displayed.
thats fixed for the next update
yes it is fixed

redwing

Folder selection box is not drawn for auto-sweep settings.

Alumni

A small bug with the expanded menu, when grouped by album artist;
Select a track from an album, then click on another album in the same grouping, a track is already highlighted in the same position as before. For example if you select Track 1 on Album A and then switch to Album B, Track 1 will still be highlighted without user input.