Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254284 times)

Adson

... thanks again.

It worked after I unchecked and rechecked the option.

Steven

• Administrator
Speaking about the Analyze Volume dialog, I'd like to request a few changes:
it would be best you create a separate wishlist topic otherwise this will just get buried

brouwerik

Noticed the following glitch. Happens in playlists with track view, when I select another track.

Steven

• Administrator
Noticed the following glitch. Happens in playlists with track view, when I select another track.
I am not able to reproduce this. If this is repeatable then could you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
It seems the option to hide progress bar in sidebar player is missing. I have wavebar right below the player, so progress bar is an unneeded extra.

Another thing:
Lot of section headers in Preferences dialog are truncated, while other are OK, fe. in General: Application, Notification tray are truncated, File types are OK, and Confirmation is missing a small gap after the header text. When looking at translation, it is not consistent in any way with tabs/spaces around these names.
i have added back in the hide progress bar setting for the next update
for the header section padding, I assume you are looking at the translated version. The english file text includes 2 char of spaces on the left and the right. You need to preserve that spacing

Steven

• Administrator
There is a file organising problem:
sending (moving) files to organised folders lasts forever and sometimes doesn't succeed at all.
all working fine here. Can you explain "sometimes doesn't succeed at all"

Steven

• Administrator
the following are fixed for the next update:

"highlight playing track in the main panel" with "select track" option doesn't work.

Came across this error earlier while using the thumb browser.
I guess it didn't like me removing the contents of a category while it was still open.

Additional info: If I click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar, it is accepted as a click in the progress bar. If I move away from the menu button and try clicking in the progress bar, it doesn't activate for the top 4 pixels of the bar. It's acting like the active click area for the progress bar is offset vertically by 4 pixels down.

A minor bug. When switching from compact player to main player, the maximized player gets a little bigger. 

issue with podcast listing view.

artwork does not seem to get bigger.

If you change the position or add track in "Playing tracks" "remaining time" is displayed incorrectly:

In the library, "status bar" does not display information for the selected file (displays either for all, or several, but not for one):
that is the intended behavior

I tried experimenting with the arrangement in the Now Playing Panel. Now it won't open I just get this error:
i have put in handling if any theatre mode error occurs so the panel will still display with the error message so you can then change settings. The error itself should be fixed for the next update.
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:16:23 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I'm really having some issues with the new Now Playing panel.
i will make a change so the theater mode panel respects whether the right sidebar is open or not. That way its also consistent with how it was with v2

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the items stated as fixed above
- Now Playing Panel/ Theatre Mode now respects hide/unhide of the right sidebar and can be configured to show panels in the right sidebar
- When you have both the Thumb Browser and Column Browser displayed, they now adhere to a right-to-left filtering order (when the column browser is horizontal it is considered to be to the left of the thumb browser)

brouwerik

I am not able to reproduce this. If this is repeatable then could you send me your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Restarted MB and couldn't and views in the playlist is and remains fine. But now the Library view shows the glitch. I'll send you my settings by PM.

SoftwareSamurai

I've noticed that the Analyze Volume dialog doesn't seem to update while it is operating. Once I hit "Proceed", it runs, never updates, and then closes when it's finished.
i cannot reproduce this. Just to be clear are you refering to the dialog window or the status bar ie. the volume analysis dialog is minimised
Yep. I'm not minimizing the dialog window while it runs. Interestingly, I've noticed that sometimes if I re-do the analyzation (run it once, change the calculated replay gain value, then run it again), it will actually update the status of each song as it's running. But it's not consistent.  I should also note that my files are on a NAS, not on a local drive on my PC. (Perhaps the lack of updates is due to network lag?)

Edit: Nevermind. I think I see what's happening. If "on album basis" is checked, the status for each song is never updated until all songs checked are analyzed, which sorta makes sense.
Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:27:34 AM by SoftwareSamurai

SoftwareSamurai

Additional info: If I click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar, it is accepted as a click in the progress bar. If I move away from the menu button and try clicking in the progress bar, it doesn't activate for the top 4 pixels of the bar. It's acting like the active click area for the progress bar is offset vertically by 4 pixels down.
MB3 v3.0.5886:

While the menu button issue is now fixed :), and it appears that the top part of the progress bar is now responding correctly to clicks :), I can still click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar and still have it act like a seeking click.

redwing

- When you have both the Thumb Browser and Column Browser displayed, they now adhere to a right-to-left filtering order (when the column browser is horizontal it is considered to be to the left of the thumb browser)

You mean left-to-right filtering order, right?

rurutia10

@Steven

PM'd you about a small issue with my layout.

AvikB

@steven thanks for fixing the podcast artwork issue, though there is now a blank entry at the top, which i hope will get fix soon.

one inconsistency i found is the spacing between datagrids. sidebar panel datagrids have different spacing(2px) than the main panel datagrids(4px). 4px is good, but i think 6px will look more spaced and clean overall.

Another feature request, it would be great to have a slider for the ability to control the spacing between the cover arts. Currently we can only change cover art sizes but not the spacing between two covers.  I like clean UI, so small cover art and more distance between them (like wmp) will look more clean.  Maybe call this setting "Cover art spacing" or something like that.

Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:27:58 AM by AvikB