Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254100 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Redownloaded but still happens.
its not available yet

Main menu as button, tabs bar below caption bar.
Configure Toolbar setting> from first option to second one
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
In the main panel with Album and Tracks view and with album fields displayed below artwork (see image) many times when I want to select the album by clicking the album art it changes the album rating. This never happens when the album fields are displayed right of the album art.
although i cant reproduce exactly as you say, i can find a flaw in the mouse/ field location logic when fields are below the artwork. So i will say its probably fixed for the next update but if you could confirm after i have made the release then that would be appreciated

Steven

• Administrator
Thank you Steven for fixing the progress bar to be on top! However... that introduced a small bug: When playing a music file with the progress bar on top and with the main menu as a button, clicking on the part of the progress bar just under the main menu button not only skips to that part of the song, but also opens the main menu itself.
i cant reproduce this. Maybe a screenshot would help so i can take some measurements.
What font do you use and can you give me a rough idea how many pixels below the caption bar this happens?

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above
- when resizing a panel that includes a wavebar, the wavebar will now redraw immediately using an approximation and will eventually update with an accurate wavebar
- for the "Now Playing" panel
  - you can now customise the details shown in the Track Information panel (click on the Now Playing header button/ Customise Panel)

redwing

Playlist view glitch persists. Keep switching between different views on now playing tab leads to the glitch.
Other bugs that I reported are all fixed. Thanks!

HHM

- for the "Now Playing" panel
  - you can now customise the details shown in the Track Information panel (click on the Now Playing header button/ Customise Panel)

Could we expect the same customisation optoin for Playing Tracks in the Right Sidebar (so that other fields than artist & title only could be shown)?

Steven

• Administrator
Could we expect the same customisation optoin for Playing Tracks in the Right Sidebar (so that other fields than artist & title only could be shown)?
that panel takes its settings from the Playing Tracks panel used in the normal layout

Steven

• Administrator
Playlist view glitch persists. Keep switching between different views on now playing tab leads to the glitch.
i cannot reproduce this. I made a further change that i think should ensure it cant happen, so could you redownload the same link

redwing

i cannot reproduce this. I made a further change that i think should ensure it cant happen, so could you redownload the same link

It's gone now. Thanks for the fix!

Alumni

Is this a bug? The thumb and column browser joint filtering isn't working in both directions.
The column browser (on the left) does filter the thumb browser (on the right), but not vice versa.

SoftwareSamurai

Thank you Steven for fixing the progress bar to be on top! However... that introduced a small bug: When playing a music file with the progress bar on top and with the main menu as a button, clicking on the part of the progress bar just under the main menu button not only skips to that part of the song, but also opens the main menu itself.
i cant reproduce this. Maybe a screenshot would help so i can take some measurements.
What font do you use and can you give me a rough idea how many pixels below the caption bar this happens?
Here's a screen snap:

The font is Segoe UI, 9.75pt for the top panel. The progress bar is 8 pixels tall on my screen (I've checked "enlarge progress bar height"), and as you can see in the snap, I clicked on the very bottom pixel of the progress bar.

Additional info: If I click up to 4 pixels below the progress bar, it is accepted as a click in the progress bar. If I move away from the menu button and try clicking in the progress bar, it doesn't activate for the top 4 pixels of the bar. It's acting like the active click area for the progress bar is offset vertically by 4 pixels down.

Steven

• Administrator
Is this a bug? The thumb and column browser joint filtering isn't working in both directions.
The column browser (on the left) does filter the thumb browser (on the right), but not vice versa.
thats as intended

Alumni

thats as intended

Oh, may I ask why? IMHO it defeats the purpose of having the thumb browser on the left.
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:25:15 AM by Alumni

h0m3r

a new Bug with the Wavebar since the last Update.

MusicBee v3.0.5883.39049 (Win10.0), 10 Feb 2016 12:57:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
   bei #=qp8YdVIQvi4k$fAcnkU479KT6TIG2MdUNQNp1JSbN0Ug=.#=qqTIm_ok0YRaQj_rGPGGWHQ==(Size #=qFnz2VeDXvoUnxlbEY0Odow==)
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qfjV5HSSW5IpsGxgjlj4mGw==.#=qcnSoR1dueNse0Fb_YU8txA==()
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qfjV5HSSW5IpsGxgjlj4mGw==.#=qhy6bo47RLDQc_eoehoNEVGqbQFr8rpgGXDQthT$4pY8=()
   bei #=q9M$_8Viej0poWkbLgA_F4bJZOb7I8LsH6aXlkVIkviA=.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs #=qVSkDYUjPkYx59JTaN0J0eA==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement.PerformLayout(IArrangedElement affectedElement, String affectedProperty)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

that happens when I open MusicBee and the right sidebar is hidden.
Then I open the right sidebar and then comes the error.
I have the Wavebar in the right sidebar.

if I disable the wavebar...everything is OK
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:54:10 PM by h0m3r

brouwerik

In the main panel with Album and Tracks view and with album fields displayed below artwork (see image) many times when I want to select the album by clicking the album art it changes the album rating. This never happens when the album fields are displayed right of the album art.
although i cant reproduce exactly as you say, i can find a flaw in the mouse/ field location logic when fields are below the artwork. So i will say its probably fixed for the next update but if you could confirm after i have made the release then that would be appreciated

I can't reproduce this behaviour in the latest version. So I can comfirm this is fixed now. Thnx!