Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254059 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the left and right main panel dont show in certain views (radio, podcasts, now playing, etc)
post a video if you think there is a bug

AvikB

just in reagrds to resizing the wavebar, it is possible to stretch the image to the new size and then recalculate an accurate wave bar. In fact thats the way it used to be done but i recall some complaints about that which is why that functionality was removed. But its possible MB was only stretching and not re-doing the entire image so i will at that
I'm getting near to being done with the GUI changes i had in mind so i will soon be in a position to make a another pass though the various panels

thanks it will be really nice enhancement over the current one.

another feature that needs bit more love is the itune style album expand function. MusicBee uses Itune 11 style album expand, but wit Itune 12 apple did some really good job with the visuals, MusicBee unfortunately still uses that old style. With MusicBee 3 i think it is time to improve this are.

here is the original thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16861.0 ,

MusicBee 3/Itune11 album expand

Itune 12 album expand

i think it would be easy to implement, seems like a low res album cover with heavy blur.

Steven

• Administrator
did a little more research
only affecting skins without element id="ColumnBrowser. overrides
MB3, Arsenic (Dark), Tundra Series all work properly
AeroBee, Arsenic don't have the scrollbars
yes that is the case and fixed for the next update

Alumni

I discovered a bug with the column browser; changing the displayed field does not refresh/update the list header.
Restarting MusicBee fixes the problem.

redwing

I discovered a bug with the column browser; changing the displayed field does not refresh/update the list header.
Restarting MusicBee fixes the problem.

Are you on the latest version? I can't seem to reproduce the issue. How do you change the header?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
just to add to this, if you use the latest patch versions it makes setting the show/hide of the left/right sidebars more obvious when arranging panels
Steven, I do realize that both left and right sidebars show on hover, AND athat left and right main panels are (permanently) stuck.

Venthe, have a look at the configuration panel

the left and right sidebars don't have to be permanently set to auto-open (show on hover).
they can also be permanently closed or open
you can even have little icons in the status bar to manually open/close the left/right sidebars
You can have the navigator in the left sidebar permanently on display if you want too, just like your MB2.5 set-up
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above
- for the "Now Playing" panel
  - you can now hide the right panel using the panel flip buttons on the status bar or via the "Now Playing" header menu (auto-open is not supported)
  - for the Playlist view, you can now arrange the Now Playing Bar and Spectrum Visualiser into the main panel

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5882:

Thank you Steven for fixing the progress bar to be on top! However... that introduced a small bug: When playing a music file with the progress bar on top and with the main menu as a button, clicking on the part of the progress bar just under the main menu button not only skips to that part of the song, but also opens the main menu itself.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
When playing a music file with the progress bar on top and with the main menu as a button, clicking on the part of the progress bar just under the main menu button not only skips to that part of the song, but also opens the main menu itself.
When the player is on the top, i guess it must have been a historical reason for not supporting the progress bar on top. I have removed that restriction so the settings are the same as when the player is on the bottom

I guess that was the reason for not supporting the progress bar on top. :D
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Highlight field does not work properly.
Try a rule of "Album=playing track". When playing track changes to another album, highlight remains with the previous album. Resizing or minimizing and restoring window fixes it.

redwing

Another graphical glitch: buttons and search box get misaligned when you move buttons from tabs bar to caption bar. Resizing fixes it.

It happens only when MB window is maximized.

redwing

One more glitch, probably a newly introduced one from the now playing layout change.
Switching from large album view to playlist view on now playing tab results in a glitch: http://i.imgur.com/A8XvXWa.png

Steven

• Administrator
One more glitch, probably a newly introduced one from the now playing layout change.
Switching from large album view to playlist view on now playing tab results in a glitch: http://i.imgur.com/A8XvXWa.png
i think i fixed that yesterday after i did the release. If it still happens with the next update then let me know (i just tried now and its fine for me)

Another graphical glitch: buttons and search box get misaligned when you move buttons from tabs bar to caption bar. Resizing fixes it.

It happens only when MB window is maximized.
i cant reproduce this
When you say "when you move buttons" do you mean you dock the tabs bar in the caption bar via the panel arrangement dialog?

thinking about it, its probably a windows10 related issue, so i will check that later

Highlight field does not work properly.
Try a rule of "Album=playing track". When playing track changes to another album, highlight remains with the previous album. Resizing or minimizing and restoring window fixes it.
thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:15:56 PM by Steven

redwing

i think i fixed that yesterday after i did the release. If it still happens with the next update then let me know (i just tried now and its fine for me)

Redownloaded but still happens.

thinking about it, its probably a windows10 related issue, so i will check that later

Main menu as button, tabs bar below caption bar.
Configure Toolbar setting> from first option to second one

brouwerik

In the main panel with Album and Tracks view and with album fields displayed below artwork (see image) many times when I want to select the album by clicking the album art it changes the album rating. This never happens when the album fields are displayed right of the album art.