Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253777 times)

syldub

The search from the Now Playing mode is now not working. It does work in other views though.

Less important than the preceding I think: the search field is erased if we go to another view (for instance we go from Music Explorer to a Music filter, or a Playlist)
Why the search field is not kept, and search re-executed on the selected view? This can be practical in certain circumstances.
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
version 3.0.5880
column browser no longer has scroll bars (vertical or horizontal configuration)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here and i cant think of anything thats been changed. Are you sure its not a skin thing?

WannaBee

working fine here and i cant think of anything thats been changed. Are you sure its not a skin thing?

Works fine here too. Skin used: Arsenic Dark

Bee-liever

did a little more research
only affecting skins without element id="ColumnBrowser. overrides
MB3, Arsenic (Dark), Tundra Series all work properly
AeroBee, Arsenic don't have the scrollbars

Venthe

I'll be the one b*tching a little over some inconsistency; As I've once had in this thread. As I dislike the new default layout (navigator in the left sidebar) I've tried to recreate MB2.5 layout by moving navigator to left main panel.

But now, MB HIDES left main panel AS INTENDED (According to Steven). Still, I would like to ask to at least give us an option to NOT hide left main panel(LMP) when clicking navigator pane elements; Or in worst case scenario hide it always. The behaviour now is frustratingly inconsistent.
When clicking music in navigator, LMP does not hide.
When clicking radio in navigator, LMP does hide

and so on, and so forth. It is a jarring experience... And it's pretty much (In my opinion of course) regression from the 2.5 for the people who want navigator to be always shown.

Links to my discussion with Steven before
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg101792#msg101792
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg101794#msg101794
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg101800#msg101800

Another thing (Warning! Edited post)
Now playing is skipping randomly forward... But only to a certain point. Shouldn't it be static when clicking? https://youtu.be/1evUA-7v3dw
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:29:06 AM by Venthe

Bee-liever

As I dislike the new default layout (navigator in the left sidebar) I've tried to recreate MB2.5 layout by moving navigator to left main panel.

@ Venthe
Maybe you're just confused by the panel names, but the navigator panel has always been in the leftmost panel.  Whether it's called left sidebar, Left Sidebar or Navigator Panel.
The new left main panel is an extension of the main center panel and is designed to give more sorting options for that area.

If you move the navigator back to the left sidebar and don't use the new LMP, then MB3 will be just like MB2.5.

AvikB

one bug regarding the now playing panel.

when large album color mix is selected, if we disable lyrics and then switch to large album view and then again switch to album color mix the lyrics will auto enable it self. the setting is not saved between views.

also one thing i am trying to figure out is the large white or sometime a REALLY low res box blur background in behind. is this intentional! cause it really looks BAD! and the transition between those awful blurry background is clunky, specially when window resizes.

Zune got it right by using really nice gradient and album cover mix view(which periodically changes). why not do the same! it is beautiful.

another feature enhancement for player contol bar with wave bar. it is great and all but it redraws itself every single time the window resizes. it is really annoying and most of all, for really LONG tracks i have to wait 10second to draw it self and then again when window resizes wait another 10second to redraw itself.

the better way would be first draw the graphics and save it to memory as a bitmap, and then simply scale it along the y axis whenever the window resizes, instead of re-reading the song for the waveinfo.

another thing that could use some love is the spectrum visualizations, it really feels OLD. maybe something like this would be better:

from zune

from dopamine(another musicplayer with awesome gui)

also the mini player that could look a lot better with some better info like total album size, total album time, track rating etc.

musicbee and dopamine miniplayer.

HHM

another feature enhancement for player contol bar with wave bar. it is great and all but it redraws itself every single time the window resizes. it is really annoying and most of all, for really LONG tracks i have to wait 10second to draw it self and then again when window resizes wait another 10second to redraw itself.

the better way would be first draw the graphics and save it to memory as a bitmap, and then simply scale it along the y axis whenever the window resizes, instead of re-reading the song for the waveinfo.

+1

another thing that could use some love is the spectrum visualizations, it really feels OLD

+100, guess I even complained about it a long time ago. Wavebar looks like it was taken from the very old version of Winamp, it doesn't match flat modern/material UI or Windows 10 aesthetics at all.

ankor

I think the programming technique would be to suspend repainting of the control until resizing is completed and then let the repaint of the control take place.

Alumni

Some good suggestions there for the now playing node.
My two cents; "album color mix" has a habit of displaying ugly backgrounds and I feel like there's little reason to use it.
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:37:45 PM by Alumni

AvikB

My two cents; "album color mix" has a habit of displaying ugly backgrounds and I feel like there's little reason to use it.

Yup same here, was wondering what is the reason for it to exist! the zune now playing is the best(imo).

Steven

• Administrator
As I dislike the new default layout (navigator in the left sidebar) I've tried to recreate MB2.5 layout by moving navigator to left main panel.

@ Venthe
Maybe you're just confused by the panel names, but the navigator panel has always been in the leftmost panel.  Whether it's called left sidebar, Left Sidebar or Navigator Panel.
The new left main panel is an extension of the main center panel and is designed to give more sorting options for that area.

If you move the navigator back to the left sidebar and don't use the new LMP, then MB3 will be just like MB2.5.
just to add to this, if you use the latest patch versions it makes setting the show/hide of the left/right sidebars more obvious when arranging panels

Steven

• Administrator
just in reagrds to resizing the wavebar, it is possible to stretch the image to the new size and then recalculate an accurate wave bar. In fact thats the way it used to be done but i recall some complaints about that which is why that functionality was removed. But its possible MB was only stretching and not re-doing the entire image so i will at that
I'm getting near to being done with the GUI changes i had in mind so i will soon be in a position to make a another pass though the various panels

Venthe

Steven, I do realize that both left and right sidebars show on hover, AND athat left and right main panels are (permanently) stuck. What I've described, is that left main manel HIDES itself when clicking certain elements inside navigator (When navigator is in left main panel). Only option to show it is to click back button.

Also, I've described what I consider a bug with playlist in my post above.

Maybe, I should make a video for both problems? :)