Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253804 times)

gpzbc

Also consider adding "Arrange Panels" command under View main menu. If I were a new user, that'd be the first place I would check.
Yes, I think this is logical.

ankor

Also consider adding "Arrange Panels" command under View main menu. If I were a new user, that'd be the first place I would check.
Yes, I think this is logical.
+1 but instead placed in Edit menu under Preferences (it's like an extension of Preferences)

redwing

The command was already added to the latest version (under View menu).

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Q: In Layout(1) -> top panel -> progress bar: Is there suppose to be a difference between "progress bar above play controls" and "progress bar on bottom"?
I ask because it appears that "progress bar above play controls" places the progress bar below the play controls - the same as "progress bar on bottom".
those settings dont apply for bitmap skins. I will put in a warning message

As the op pointed out, there's an unnecessary option only in pref/layout(1) section. That option doesn't exist on the context menu of player on top.

Think we need a few pics to get this right.
using patch 3.0.5880.32688
as per op, superfluous option in preferences menu for all skins

as it's not supported and doesn't show in right-click player bar menu when on top

on bitmap skins, player bar top or bottom, all options except one have been removed

while you can change most of those other options for bitmap skins via the right-click menu, adjusting the font is now a lot more complicated without the preferences option.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

indecisive_bird

I found a little bug. I can't sort by album in the Album and Tracks view, instead it selects all the tracks in my library. All the other sort options (Artist, Title, rating, etc.) work just fine. If I click on any of those and then want to go back to sorting my albums, the only way is to right click where it says Album then Sort By -> Album. This problem does not happen in the Tracks view.
That is intended behavior but i will change it so clicking the Artwork column selects all tracks and clicking Album sorts - currently its the other way around

Didn't know about that. Thanks for the reply. I have a little request if it's not too much to ask for: Can you make it so that when syncing music to a device you can select more than one artwork storage option?

I like it like this because I have an app on my android device that uses the album art of the currently playing song as the wallpaper and with the embedded art it doesn't show it at full resolution but with the file in the folder it does.

Steven

• Administrator
while you can change most of those other options for bitmap skins via the right-click menu, adjusting the font is now a lot more complicated without the preferences option.
the change wasnt as i intended. Its fixed for the next update.
When the player is on the top, i guess it must have been a historical reason for not supporting the progress bar on top. I have removed that restriction so the settings are the same as when the player is on the bottom

redwing

- the file save process now checks the fields updated by the tag editor and if its only linked artwork/ custom fields that are not saved to file then MB wont update the file#

I just checked this. Editing a custom field (that's set to save to MB db only) value with tag editor still updates file modification date. Did you mean something else?

Steven

• Administrator
- the file save process now checks the fields updated by the tag editor and if its only linked artwork/ custom fields that are not saved to file then MB wont update the file#
I just checked this. Editing a custom field (that's set to save to MB db only) value with tag editor still updates file modification date. Did you mean something else?
the statement i made is incorrect. When editing tags via the tag editor, MB currently doesnt keep track of the specific fields changed and hence updates the file. It should not update the file for linked artwork as that is tracked.

redwing

To avoid performance overhead by keeping track of tag changes?

syldub

In the Mini Player, the rating process is not working as expected.
By default all my mp3s are rated with 1 star when I encode them.
Then when I play them, I rate them according to my taste.
In the Mini Player, I can't rate the currently played mp3 to 3 stars directly. I have to click on the 2nd star first, then it seems to unlock the rating editing, and then I can rate to whatever value.
Tested on last MB 3.0.5880, in the Narrow Layout and the Wide Layout.
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this behavior, so i guess its something with your settings. Can you send them to me

Steven

• Administrator
To avoid performance overhead by keeping track of tag changes?
the functionality is simply not implemented at this point in time

syldub

i cant reproduce this behavior, so i guess its something with your settings. Can you send them to me

Sent by PM
I was a Winamp lover... until I discovered MusicBee! No other music player can beat it!

syldub

Sent by PM

Issue is not not easy to reproduce, seems to have some kind of random behavior.

I found this method to reproduce it :
1) Play a playlist of few MP3 having an initial rating to 1 star (maybe this isn't necessary for the test)
2) Switch to Mini Player
3) Switch to another application (Windows Explorer)
4) After 1 or 2 songs played, try to rate the actual song clicking directly to 3 stars on the Mini Player, it won't work. If you click directly on 1, 2, 4 or 5 stars, the rating is working.

Steven

• Administrator
I found this method to reproduce it :
1) Play a playlist of few MP3 having an initial rating to 1 star (maybe this isn't necessary for the test)
2) Switch to Mini Player
3) Switch to another application (Windows Explorer)
4) After 1 or 2 songs played, try to rate the actual song clicking directly to 3 stars on the Mini Player, it won't work. If you click directly on 1, 2, 4 or 5 stars, the rating is working.
although i couldnt reproduce exactly as you say, i did find another issue which is probably the same. So let me know if its still not fixed after the next update