Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248965 times)

lizzy

Default sorting in library and NP is set to "album artist - year - album".  When choosing "play now", this is how it looks in NP. 
In the dropdown box for sorting, no sorting is selected in NP (after albums are added).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkbruios0l32v2k/np_sort.jpg?dl=0
you have your playing tracks panel sorted by the disc-track# column.
I think its a bug that MB persists any sorting for the playing tracks panel ie. it should always default to the natural order of the playlist so i will fix that.
In the interim just right click on the header bar/ Sort By/ Playlist Order

Good to hear :)
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:08:58 PM by lizzy

Steven

• Administrator
In my Inbox tab, I have the view set to albums and tracks, with the option "display first few tracks" selected.
When I click on the artwork (or ctrl-a) to select the tracks to auto tag, it only selects (and tags) the displayed tracks (not the ones that need to be expanded to be displayed)
If I disable the "display first…" option then MB will select all the tracks
its working fine for me and i dont see how it could not be selecting all files. Can you reconfirm this

Just moved 12 files to my monitored folder. The inbox shows 8 files, with  "4 more files" expanded menu thing. If I click on the image, or ctrl-a it will only select the 8 displayed files. As soon as i click on the "4 more", the rest are automagically selected too. Seems on my install ,as long as there are files not being shown, they don't get selected.
i still cant reproduce this even with your settings so i will leave it unsolved. I did however find the opposite bug, where the hidden files continue to remain selected when they should not be. Thats fixed for the next update
edit:
actually select all wasnt always working as expected - thats fixed for the next update. Selecting a picture should always have worked though
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:26:06 AM by Steven

AvikB

One improvement suggestion:

currently to change a visualiser you have to use the menu at top

wouldn't it be better to have it in right click context menu! it would be much easier.

AvikB

Steven

• Administrator

AvikB

found a bug in Playing Track panel.
which skin is that?
i am using this: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.0

BTW, the playing track only behave while using podacsts.
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:12:22 PM by AvikB

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Previous versions of MB had a minimum width for each panel when resized, but v3 seems to have no limit. I just enlarged main panel to both ends, and now there's no way to show both sidebars even using hotkeys.

Steven

• Administrator
Previous versions of MB had a minimum width for each panel when resized, but v3 seems to have no limit. I just enlarged main panel to both ends, and now there's no way to show both sidebars even using hotkeys.
there should be a minimum size enforement and trying now its still there. I guess its something specific to your settings, so could you PM me a link to them

redwing

Just tried with a fresh installation, and that was the same. Try dragging right side border of main panel to outside the MB window, then right sidebar is gone.

galactica12

Hey Steven, having just a slight problem with the latest version. (3.0.5871) On 2.5, the 'playing tracks' on the right sidebar allowed a drag to select feature. Trying this same feature on this version isn't allowing the same thing, unfortunately. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
do you mean "playback follows cursor" ?
otherwise i dont know what you mean
I don't believe so. For example, say I have 4 songs on the "playing tracks" section, and I wanted to rearrange two of those without using ctrl or similar method. Before, you were able to just drag and select with the mouse like two songs, and then they would be selected and draggable. Hopefully that's a bit clearer? I've also included a mixtape webm link to clarify: https://my.mixtape.moe/isvskq.webm

Oh, to clarify because my webm seems to communicate otherwise, dragging the songs to new positions in the queue works, just not multi-selection dragging.

Steven

• Administrator
Just tried with a fresh installation, and that was the same. Try dragging right side border of main panel to outside the MB window, then right sidebar is gone.
i have put in handling to recover on startup if a panel is less than the minimun size. It might stop the bug as well but i havent been able to find any circumstance (including the method you describe using your settings) to be able to test to confirm that.
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

redwing

That fixed it. The differences is that still you can make sidebars disappear temporarily but resizing a bit instantly recovers sidebars. Previously it didn't. Maybe you could consider not allowing any panels to disappear by resizing other panels.

Steven

• Administrator
try again with the latest version. As mentioned i cant reproduce to test this so its guesswork