Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233276 times)

redwing

I can only see this when I'm the the now playing view, otherwise I see the same as you guys.

Steven fixed the bug lately. Redownload the latest patch.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+

It fixed the placement of the "Track information" part but I still can't switch to "selected tracks" :'

hiccup

It fixed the placement of the "Track information" part but I still can't switch to "selected tracks" :'

Could it be that a header bar is accidentally dragged out of view vertically?

hiccup

@Steven,

With these settings, it is possible to drag the 'stacked' header bar completely down and out of view.

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
Could it be that a header bar is accidentally dragged out of view vertically?
Hmmm, nope.

hiccup

I'm a bit late to the party, and maybe haven't read your issue good enough yet, but if you click the arrow, you don't get this:  ?

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
I'm a bit late to the party, and maybe haven't read your issue good enough yet, but if you click the arrow, you don't get this:  ?

Not if I am in "Now Playing". Check the previous screenshots.

hiccup

if you click the arrow, you don't get this:  ?
Not if I am in "Now Playing". Check the previous screenshots.
[/quote]

I can't think of anything that might prevent 'Selected Tracks' and 'Playing Tracks' from displaying in that drop down menu.
It might be a bug, which then would need Stevens attention.

redwing

I don't see the setting either when in now playing tab. Probably an oversight unless it's intended.

Also, now playing right sidebar has the same bug that I reported before:

There's a bug with the section headings of stacked elements.
When multiple elements are stacked on top of each other, clicking on anywhere right to the section headings on panel header bar switches the displayed element to another stacked element. But section headings never change. At that point, if you move the mouse on that headings, you get something like this:

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+
There's also some elements missing in the right-click menu in the playlist view only in "Now Playing" (like "Search Internet for picture")

hiccup

I don't see the setting either when in now playing tab. Probably an oversight unless it's intended.

I am not sure the OP was using the Now Playing tab? At least I can't find a way to get 'Track Information' showing at all in that tab.

And, wouldn't it also be contradicting to be in the 'Now Playing' tab, and having an option for 'selected' there?
It seems logical that all the info in that tab should be limited to 'now playing'.

redwing

Try "playlist" view of now playing tab.
v2.5 had that setting and there's nothing illogical to have it here as it's just like you have a playlist open.

5moufl

• 3.0.5884+

I am not sure the OP was using the Now Playing tab? At least I can't find a way to get 'Track Information' showing at all in that tab.

And, wouldn't it also be contradicting to be in the 'Now Playing' tab, and having an option for 'selected' there?
It seems logical that all the info in that tab should be limited to 'now playing'.
I often want to check tracks or do stuff from my Now Playing "playlist". I used to work fine in 2.5.
What's the point of removing features for that particular tab?

hiccup

Try "playlist" view of now playing tab.
v2.5 had that setting and there's nothing illogical to have it here as it's just like you have a playlist open.

Ah, I see, and I agree.
'Selected' and 'Playing' choices could well be added to the menu there too.

HHM

There seems to be a small change in behavior of Artist & Album links from Track Information panel (working as the link to Library Filter).
I wonder if it's a designed changed in MB. Here's what I mean:

1. in MB2 clicking Artis/Album always showed the tracks of this filter from the whole library. No matter in which playlist or pannel u where. Always all tracks of the particular artist or album were shown.
2. in MB3 it is connected with the Search node. If the playlist/tab has "entire library" search node on, then Artist&Album filter tracks from the whole library. However, with "local node only" on, it filters out tracks from the current playlist.

I must admit I strongly prefer the MB2 behavior, seems to be more logic and intuitive.