Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1253714 times)

redwing

Now playing assistant launched from mini player has problem drawing tracks if you scroll rapidly back and forth.
Try double click a track, scroll up, double click another track, scroll down, play another one...
then you get this jumbled image:

This only happens with mini player.

redwing

There's an issue with "View: Show Compact Player" hotkey.
In compact player mode, if you open caption bar button menu, another hotkey is shown for "Switch to Main Player" command though your hotkey still works. But if you start MB in compact player mode, your hotkey minimizes MB instead of switching to main player. Reassigning the hotkey makes no differences.

Then I tested with a fresh installation. This time even if you assign a hotkey to "View: Show Compact Player" command, no hotkey is shown for "Switch to Main Player" menu in compact mode and behaves the same as described above.

BTW if you try to switch to compact player without any track in the main panel, you get this error:

MusicBee v3.0.5869.38705 (Win10.0)

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
   at #=q9DbSqRPdv37bwllNpUsPygZ_jS4LBH4KZGEWWW1Ir1w=.#=qkQYyIrpyheOHqqLICcI9Fg==(Bitmap #=qdSIKFnZol7QhfO$pX3N7Lw==, Color #=q_NPthkE5omiscjebXozJCA==, Boolean #=qcKaPaL_dnbiK7YlrVKu1vA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q6d3WE3XquOZMTBV$2T8Aqg==.#=qh$Jhee8_DW$XywuuVc$n5$EkOG2gzxUCEWj42rmcrlo=.#=qpF3yZQdQZ0Q$iLeyLSD2ayQ61A08n7HTIDqCVMEOaWY=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q6d3WE3XquOZMTBV$2T8Aqg==.#=qh$Jhee8_DW$XywuuVc$n5$EkOG2gzxUCEWj42rmcrlo=..ctor(#=q6d3WE3XquOZMTBV$2T8Aqg== #=qgaeAbwvdJ3PGjNEmAmRVbg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q6d3WE3XquOZMTBV$2T8Aqg==..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qAEua7CkU6V$4HPnl4R_DZfXZGaf_yORT8QInVUP34n0=(Boolean #=qRrjV8OjVCjONZOkk7ME7Cw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qVUmUKgdAcHngerlU6srUcQ==.#=q7qRr2KU0PYDuKXVs76tXQg==(ApplicationCommand #=qPcX4XTPI1jUOgsBZb2CKRQ==, Object #=q9IUeJ6iwWCh6muA7vV1PcQ==, IList`1 #=q6VrWzcR734aq1twvoi1$Cw==)
   at #=qEkasraVmzdZHML2y$ybRuVxYp5d6j_EQQlY5Jc4$7$w=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qP2v$93GVCle37u7MvJMFxQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

redwing

How about changing the panel editor wording "files" under main panel to "track list"?

Coogan

MusicBee 3 will not start for me, after latest patch..

MusicBee v3.0.5869.38705 (Win10.0), 27 Jan 2016 12:35:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qu4YbfRIsuQuAzzaE0opWjt2tIGTIJ2pODzPJ79upF3k=.#=q9fuIdkyULHSG7ey5h6U9mQ==()
   at #=q5Pbk$dA75K4eS3sVqHMxVjBmYBOHNtSrR6HIdIKgupM=.#=qJ7qYtOMFOULxR1XKn4hyMA38dUovO_Si8R7GdD05TGs=(Int32 #=quxiyAl1$mShJvwysC54NaO8XFNXVsrZlqQiMvZHQJl0=, Int32 #=qFLBPdF3pHUvuQVwDZ7uJIJsWxXZl4dEQ1zvJ1unilLQ=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3dj8rboaAfl4pKnJlQpEBw==.#=qstIT6QBYEGTcISz$TBzVu1Rv494AZcIyVEzfZ1wjfGo=.#=qCkyGcFkbfO8mW6FtGaK7wpHHVOgYhSaEfQ3O9UXZ_Uc=(Boolean #=qrO91QJRIlqTRDT2qIDlkgw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3dj8rboaAfl4pKnJlQpEBw==.#=qstIT6QBYEGTcISz$TBzVu1Rv494AZcIyVEzfZ1wjfGo=.#=q_31g$TAfILyYL0KSzoD3atVHF1NAfQCG1Vi2ynV8n8c=()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q3dj8rboaAfl4pKnJlQpEBw==.#=qUCcqVWvzfuIzux2wzwYQ6Q==(Rectangle #=qfFU6ahCKDrtK2a8T89Hb$w==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qdxmjZgLl1ZBD__5dc_kf4AEae1KoELI8_jZ$33gM5us=(#=q0r9gux3$nS7ZWvheawpnoF56jscfNsXrc2N53uVI70o= #=q3BJVCUD10PcROZjsm4Phag==, Boolean #=qDSiN5pzFJpaiGbDdkCzI9n99dgHzrJmF60islKhFWZQ=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qTX8DxD_o_c2no9CsPVzJ2w==(#=q0r9gux3$nS7ZWvheawpnoF56jscfNsXrc2N53uVI70o= #=qAFaVTsTZF0VkEec4xrBUMQ==, Boolean #=qTR5EJUiU2blsOATH4wjojh0dcBlUR2WEXJg4rkIz0VY=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain..ctor()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qqCs$ojoONi3rkMS3Bcn0HQ==(String[] #=qsdhGQpvP_IbMm8AYlwKcAA==)

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee 3 will not start for me, after latest patch..
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
can you try this version?
if it still happens, let me know which skin you are using and what DPI scaling your screen is configured to

Coogan

I tried that patch, It still will not start Steven.
I'm using Bee78 skin.
My DPI is 100%

Coogan
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:10:14 PM by Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Steven

• Administrator

Coogan

It's working fine now...   :)

Thank you

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

redwing

Can't intentionally reproduce, but occasionally get this kind of glitch on status bar.

I think it happens when resized window gets maximized, but not 100% sure.

RealPetChicken

Looks like no work is done with splitting settings for Album Cover view and Artists view. For instance, "fields displayed" setting is only needed for Album Cover view and it doesn't need "configure expanded panel" setting. And they seem to share the same settings if applied to both, which could be better if saved differently.

Also, current splitting between the two views is just based on whether it's grouped by album or artist. But album cover view could also be grouped by artist or composer as long as it only displays album covers. Then it could offer some new views like presenting album covers grouped by artist without artist image:

How do you have it so the artist is split up with album artwork? Thanks.

redwing

How do you have it so the artist is split up with album artwork? Thanks.

Not possible currently. Just proposed as a wish.

@Steven:

Another approach would be to allow Album Covers view to display group-by header like Tracks view.

Steven

• Administrator
Using this version but these bug is not fixed.

Bug report:

Compact Setting/Preferences retrieving Artist Image even if disable.

Reproduce:
1) Open Preferences
2) Layout (2)
3) Configure Panel (Compact Player)
4) Disable "retrieve web pictures" under Artist Picture
5) Ctrl+1 or go into compact mode
6) MusicBee will connect to the internet to retrieve artist picture (if you don't have it cache or in your artist picture folder).
i already answered this and its intended behavior

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure the new wording "don't copy (the source picture is displayed)" is clearer than the previous "link to the original picture".
I'd prefer the previous wording. BTW there's a typo with the new wording.
yep - i am still not happy with the wording either. I will probably remove the option all together as the artwork storage settings is mostly about how downloaded artwork should be saved. The one exception i can think of is the artwork storage settings are used when manually adding artwork already on your drive but in that case i will change the handling to automatically be set to "link to source image"

Steven

• Administrator
Now playing assistant launched from mini player has problem drawing tracks if you scroll rapidly back and forth.
Try double click a track, scroll up, double click another track, scroll down, play another one...
i tried this from the mni-player but cant reproduce so far. Was it the Artists/ Albums or Genres tab you used?

redwing

i tried this from the mni-player but cant reproduce so far. Was it the Artists/ Albums or Genres tab you used?

Any tab. As long as a track is playing, just scrolling up and down jumbles track list.