Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254518 times)

musicguy

How do I get rid of the vertical "Artist" column?

phred

• Global Moderator
How do I get rid of the vertical "Artist" column?
I assume you're referring to the Column Browser.  Edit > Preferences > Layout (1) > general > Arrange Panels and uncheck Column Browser.  Or drag it to the right side.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

musicguy

Ah got it, thanks!

Also how do I create a shortcut to create a new playlist?

MeeMeeMee

if you edit the first track in the album, in the artwork tab can you see the picture and if you click Save To, does it show "folder.jpg" as ticked?

Not sure what you mean by ticked, it's a file selection box. Here's how it looks like:

Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:20:59 PM by MeeMeeMee
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

musicguy

Besides not having a shortcut to create a new playlist, the shortcut to copy selected files to the clipboard doesn't work. When I try to paste using my shortcuts nothing happens.

Help!

phred

• Global Moderator
Besides not having a shortcut to create a new playlist, the shortcut to copy selected files to the clipboard doesn't work. When I try to paste using my shortcuts nothing happens.
Help!
Your questions have nothing to do with this thread (GUI Changes for 3.0.)  Nor did your previous question.  Please create a new topic in the General section so we can keep this thread on point.  Be sure to state which version of MB you're using. Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
if you edit the first track in the album, in the artwork tab can you see the picture and if you click Save To, does it show "folder.jpg" as ticked?

Not sure what you mean by ticked, it's a file selection box. Here's how it looks like:
open the first track in the album in the tag editor. Go to Artwork tab in the tag editor. Do you see any artwork? If yes, click the "Save To" button in the artwork tab. Is folder.jpg ticked?

AvikB

got an error, no idea how to reproduce though. was listening shoutcast radio in one tab and had visualiser opened in another tab. and then suddenly got this:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5863.39113 (Win6.3), 22 Jan 2016 12:33:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYIaVBtASzTOLSkWsWHZ5vw==.PreFilterMessage(Message& #=qZc37OV$k0jnSfjwPWlgIcw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qUWre4zWGj9ks10NVIJYHTQ==(MouseEventArgs #=qNgc6tqTpAzRkDIh4zprhoQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qQzawoWhMVL3TFk3AulFEZg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=ql1Mc3YfCdOu3P2CCFrTqZ3V8yY93PTbzR$6eD3YDXKQ=.WndProc(Message& #=qFi1$XiA1IOr_DkpKioQv5A==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qcWKB3vry1GvK8h8gyseSGQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
also few bugs i have found:

clicking on the blue area brings this dropdown which should not be the case,

but clicking on the radio text brings the correct dropdown:
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:05:02 AM by AvikB

MeeMeeMee

open the first track in the album in the tag editor. Go to Artwork tab in the tag editor. Do you see any artwork? If yes, click the "Save To" button in the artwork tab. Is folder.jpg ticked?
Damn, I can't even follow instructions. Here's a screenshot of what you asked for, below.
You might notice that compared to the previous images, this time the playlist does show the album art for the Grimes/Art Angels album. As I wrote before, I had 2 albums that had this problem. What I did to sort out this album is the delete it from the DB, restart, and the startup scan picked it up correctly this time around.

MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Sofocl

1. Visual glitch when pressing "refresh";

2. Starting with version 3.0.5862 Now playing bar to be reset when changing the rating;
Sorry for my bad English.

AvikB

Another issue, MusicBee sometime just crashes, no error, no popup it jst close itself.

here is the error message i got from ErrorLog.dat file:
Code
22/01/2016 04:57:13 PM - 6.3.9600.0 - 3.0.5863.39113 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qYIaVBtASzTOLSkWsWHZ5vw==.PreFilterMessage(Message& #=qZc37OV$k0jnSfjwPWlgIcw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=q0e1l1pFQTJPLOKwW66ANlg==(String[] #=qAPNqrTiUvPtJiBFu1oAKZg==)

Lazulite

I'm having a issue with artwork size in Album and Tracks view.
On 2.5 I could resize the artwork by changing the width of the Artwork column header. You can still do so in 3.0 but, the minimum size for the artwork is much larger than in 2.5.

Here is the minimum size I can get in 2.5: http://imgur.com/1dJMhfu

The minimum size I can get in 3.0: http://imgur.com/Y3eOVEo

The bigger size means an increase in white space between the tracks of different albums.

Am I missing something or this resizing limit is part of the GUI redesign?
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:05:37 PM by Lazulite

sleepless

I like that I can place the 'artist picture' in the right sidebar. However, it seems I can't move other elements in the panel when it's there (in my case 'track info' below it which overlaps it). If I switch the 'artist picture' with a different element, say 'playing track' for example, I can move the 'track info' no problem, up or down.

phred

• Global Moderator
There's a typo on the Equiliser & DSP button under Player Preferences:

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sleepless

I really like the new 'now playing display'. Would it be possible to have some other options for the track info? Specifically allowing the 'Track Details' (that has our cusom fields in it) to be displayed. Just a thought.

http://s7.postimg.org/lp774azvf/Capture4.jpg