Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1287170 times)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- a couple of bug fixes
- some further tweaks to the left navigator vertical spacing
- support for some new skin elements

mless

I just updated for the first time in a few weeks. The links in the Now Playing panel now appear in the middle of the artwork, instead of under it.

phred

• Global Moderator
I just updated for the first time in a few weeks. The links in the Now Playing panel now appear in the middle of the artwork, instead of under it.
Please post a screenshot as I can't envision what you're saying.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

With the latest changes and addition of:
Controls.DropAreaIndicator fg=XXX
Controls.DropRowIndicator fg=XXX
the Panels Configuration panel has gotten more precision when dragging elements between panes.
When you drag an element to an 'allowed' area, it is looking quite clear and precise now.

But when you drag it over a 'not-allowed' area, the present lines there are still highlighted and flashing, which makes it all look a bit nervous.

Since the mouse cursor is already transformed into a 'stop' or 'forbidden' symbol, and the vertical DropAreaIndicator's absence at those locations should also be clear, this additional highlighting and flashing of the lines where you can not drop the element is a bit superfluous and makes a nervous impression.
searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

Steven

• Administrator
But when you drag it over a 'not-allowed' area, the present lines there are still highlighted and flashing, which makes it all look a bit nervous.
its windows doing that

theta_wave

Under views configuration, I noticed that selecting the blank field under "fields displayed" isn't permanent (see red arrow in the first pic) after saving a particular custom view.  When MB is reloaded, the "fields displayed" returns to whatever is under the "grouping header".  The second pic is shows the effect of this behavior.  Having a blank virtualtag works, but the albumart doesn't align nicely when "display first few tracks only" is checked.

hiccup

These header bars are a bit thick, and could probably loose some weight.

searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

Steven

• Administrator
These header bars are a bit thick, and could probably loose some weight.
i have removed a couple of pixels

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes as stated above
- some further spacing of various elements
- the handling for the row span parameter in the Track Info panel has been tweaked so its more flexible around handling for long text values. Its described here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17252.msg102316#msg102316

sleepless

With the older version, in the track info panel, if I 'clicked' on the artist, MB would display info from last.fm along with a slideshow of artist pictures. Is there any way I could get this back? I really don't like the xbox page at all. I tried the plugin to display last.fm in the internal browser, but it displays the actual website page and not just the artist description and slideshow as before.

sleepless

Under views configuration, I noticed that selecting the blank field under "fields displayed" isn't permanent (see red arrow in the first pic) after saving a particular custom view.  When MB is reloaded, the "fields displayed" returns to whatever is under the "grouping header".  The second pic is shows the effect of this behavior.  Having a blank virtualtag works, but the albumart doesn't align nicely when "display first few tracks only" is checked.

I had the same question and was told to try the newest version, which obviously didn't help. I ended up placing the [year] below the artwork and [album duration] on the right-side header.

here's a link to that thread:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17210.msg101763#msg101763

theta_wave

I had the same question and was told to try the newest version, which obviously didn't help. I ended up placing the [year] below the artwork and [album duration] on the right-side header.

here's a link to that thread:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17210.msg101763#msg101763
Yeah, a blank virtualtag kind of works, but it adds an empty row rather than voiding the space leading to the alignment to look a little off.
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:42:40 PM by ssri

Steven

• Administrator
This has been requested a few times so i have updated the Album and Tracks layout to allow persisting of no fields to the right/ under the picture. Its done for the next update