Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233668 times)

hiccup

A (stupid) question, where can I choose between Artwork / Artwork and Track / Track Details layout?
It's not stupid a stupid question. You are nor the first, nor probably the last to have some difficulty with this.

A suggestion to Steven,

Maybe it would be good to prefix "Panel view" there.
So instead of only:

'Artists'
'Albums'

make it:

"Panel view - Artists"
"Panel view - Albums"

etc.

tomiork

Found another bug. When I pick left sidebar hide with auto-open, the ticked elements that I choose to display with tabs doesn't work anymore. I click on the tabs but nothing happen. Instead they work when the sidebar is shown.
i am not understanding what the issue - can you post a screesnhot

Of course
http://i.imgur.com/x9H6DNq.png

I chose to have two tabs to the left sidebar, but when it's hide with auto-open, I cannot click to the tabs to change my view. They're like bloked and I can only see one of my tabs. I don't have problems when the sidebar is always shown

circum

It's not stupid a stupid question. You are nor the first, nor probably the last to have some difficulty with this.

And I thought I've looked everywhere, I would never have guessed that arrow would bring what I was looking for. Thanks hiccup!

Steven

• Administrator
The playlists are being created with the full file path of the synced files: "C:\Users\scamp\Phone Sync\Music\..."

They have always worked fine in the past, and the only change I have made on the phone recently has been to sync to a different base folder (Music instead of MusicBee, same directory structure otherwise).  When I manually edited all the playlists to "..\Music\etc", they immediately worked.
there is definitely a bug with playlist file path handling for virtual devices and i have made a change for the next update. Let me know how it goes

Steven

• Administrator
I chose to have two tabs to the left sidebar, but when it's hide with auto-open, I cannot click to the tabs to change my view. They're like bloked and I can only see one of my tabs. I don't have problems when the sidebar is always shown
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Last one about the mini player (promise): right click->Save Artist Picture stops working after you right click->Next Picture. It pops up an Error dialog reading: Failed to save the artist picture.
thats fixed now
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:35:43 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The playlists are being created with the full file path of the synced files: "C:\Users\scamp\Phone Sync\Music\..."

They have always worked fine in the past, and the only change I have made on the phone recently has been to sync to a different base folder (Music instead of MusicBee, same directory structure otherwise).  When I manually edited all the playlists to "..\Music\etc", they immediately worked.
there is definitely a bug with playlist file path handling for virtual devices and i have made a change for the next update. Let me know how it goes

It's giving the path starting with \Music now.  The phone still doesn't like them, which is baffling since it's always been fine in the past.  It's only happy if it has the ..\Music instead of just \Music.  (Playlists and Music directories are at the same level)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It's giving the path starting with \Music now.  The phone still doesn't like them, which is baffling since it's always been fine in the past.  It's only happy if it has the ..\Music instead of just \Music.  (Playlists and Music directories are at the same level)
try using ".\" as the base path

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
try using ".\" as the base path

...why didn't I think of that? 

Works like a charm.  :D
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
there is definitely a bug with playlist file path handling for virtual devices and i have made a change for the next update

There is also a problem in media storage when using 'preserve folders and filenames' and a virtual device.

set up as so:

every time you restart MB and open the settings panel for the virtual device, MB has saved a "double dagger" folder in the path name

and again
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

StefanIvanovic

For some reason MB won't show artwork for radio station that I manually set. I tried both Pictures library and non-system partition for image location ant it is the same. JPEG was loaded as artwork (on screenshot), PNG won't load at all. And every time I right-click that station and choose Edit, artwork field is blank, even though it is shown in radio station list like in the screenshot. I made sure that picture is Unblocked in Windows explorer, as it is blocked by default when downloaded from web and that image has same width and height. http://i.imgur.com/qwXpkxM.png

P.S. Now when I tried to change image it wont show it at all, nor this new one neither the old one that can be seen in screenshot. Am I doing something wrong?

Pingaware

I've observed something similar to MeeMeeMee - my auto-report that runs on startup doesn't show any text in the status bar, although I know it's running because when I hit the X, it stops and tells me where it stopped. Status bar works fine the rest of the time.
I have made a change for the next v3 update. Do let me know if it doesn't work

Just confirming that this seems to be fixed. Cheers Steven!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

tomiork

When I search some albums and the view is set to "artists" I have no problems. For example, here's what happen when I search "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke

https://i.gyazo.com/e64bfa9c2c825ecf55f2ef16b548fe69.png

But here's what happen when i make the same research but with view set to "album covers"

https://i.gyazo.com/cea66dce36c31dc03875fa01d5bde44e.png

Same happens with other album, just some random tracks appear instead of the right ones.

Plus, when I want a wide visual of all my albums in "album covers" mode view, so many duplicates appear. I already tried to select files with the same cover and unite them under just one cover, but without results it seems.

https://i.gyazo.com/35de6dbd1da03c3bf551ab40f578f534.png

Steven

• Administrator
Plus, when I want a wide visual of all my albums in "album covers" mode view, so many duplicates appear. I already tried to select files with the same cover and unite them under just one cover, but without results it seems.
search the forum as this sort of question has come several times or set up a question in a separate topic - it will be a comination of your tags and sorting/grouping settings