Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254020 times)

Steven

• Administrator
How will MB3 work for brand new (no 2.x) users?  Are you going to create installer and portable versions a la 2.x?
And if so, can we old-timers install/unzip into a new directory and just copy over the MB3 settings file plus skins and plugins?
its only near the very end that i do a full release installer as its time consuming to prepare and upload.
So it will be the same as before where its just an incremental update on v2.5

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the issues reported above

kennyd

Hey Steven, first the cue sheet problems are gone (thank you :) ).

But I ran into another problem, MB3 won't display my artwork files anymore (Cover.jpg).
I renamed the Cover.jpg to %Filename%.jpg and Artwork.jpg but MB are just display the auto-downloaded one.
Even if I disable auto-download missing artworks and play a file with an Artwork in the same folder none are shown (No Cover Art).
There are no problems with embedded artworks/covers though.

StefanIvanovic

Well, that was fast :) now tittle on taskbar button is fine! And I managed to find Mini player, it was actually there when minimized, but out of screen borders, when I connected my 1366x768 laptop to 1920x1080 TV there it was, I moved it to center of screen and when switched to PC screen only it remained! Only thing is that it is now almost 2x times wider than it used to be, or You made it intentionally wider with some new release that I missed? This could be due to graphics driver, though no other program has issues with it, only SMPlayer could be tricky sometimes, but it's UI is Qt, not good at scaling to higher resolutions as MB seems to be OK (not blurry) with higher resolutions and with higher DPI screens. I tried rebooting PC but it is still wide, here is screenshot compared to v2.5 which is not affected with this "wideness" (http://i.imgur.com/pH9dKN3.jpg)

As for that album picture being smaller than artist picture I mentioned before, album picture only get smaller when the hight of Now playing bar is increased, then artist picture become bigger and album cover smaller (http://i.imgur.com/JRf85Du.jpg)

PancakePenguin

Can you please add back the artist play count in the now playing bar?

SoftwareSamurai

Could you please make the radio station edit window persistent as well?

Steven

• Administrator
But I ran into another problem, MB3 won't display my artwork files anymore (Cover.jpg).
I renamed the Cover.jpg to %Filename%.jpg and Artwork.jpg but MB are just display the auto-downloaded one.
Even if I disable auto-download missing artworks and play a file with an Artwork in the same folder none are shown (No Cover Art).
There are no problems with embedded artworks/covers though.
check the artwork Retrieval Filter rules in Tags(1) preferences, and do a "Rescan Artwork" to have any changes included

Steven

• Administrator

kennyd

Steven

• Administrator

jaume

Just noticed that if I have a tab open with 'Music' and a set of filters set up on for example year and on a letter, when sending something in the Inbox to the library in a separate tab sets the Music tab to a default view showing all music and back to #. It's like everything gets reset.

jaume

Also, when on a different tab, if I add music that is added to the Inbox, when clicking on the inbox the contents are not being shown unless I click on another item like the history and go back to Inbox.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also, when on a different tab, if I add music that is added to the Inbox, when clicking on the inbox the contents are not being shown unless I click on another item like the history and go back to Inbox.

I've observed this, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
what steps did you take to add the content to the Inbox