Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254960 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven
The "music" node in the left navigator is behaving inconsistently when clicked - it should always jump to the top of the library, but for me sometimes it jumps to the bottom of the library, or to the middle of the library, or it jumps in place (ie. doesn't move either way).
The current library view (album covers or grouped by artists) also seems to influence the behavior.
I've sent you my settings file if you need it.
it should jump to where the scroll position was the last time you viewed the library panel in the current tab while MB is running. When switching view (eg. track details -> albums) it shoudl go to the top or where the current selected file is located. On restart on the active node is remembered

Steven

• Administrator
few things though, track detail background is not nice! maybe something like dark translucent grey.
would you mind posting any picture with some test and the colouring you had in mind. Also i guess it depends on whether you are using a light skin or not

and a feature request, it would be great to have a interval setting for retrieving artist picture.
it would only be to increase the interval, not reduce it as the artist picture rotation was causing a strain on the artwork hosting web sites

Alumni

it should jump to where the scroll position was the last time you viewed the library panel in the current tab while MB is running. When switching view (eg. track details -> albums) it shoudl go to the top or where the current selected file is located. On restart on the active node is remembered

Oh, did it always work like that? I thought it was meant to behave like the "home" button on the keyboard.

Alumni

and a feature request, it would be great to have a interval setting for retrieving artist picture.

it would only be to increase the interval, not reduce it as the artist picture rotation was causing a strain on the artwork hosting web sites

That reminds me, it would be nice to have the option to turn off artist picture rotation by default, or to remember your on/off selection in the context menu (at the moment it resets on restart).

Steven

• Administrator
Oh, did it always work like that? I thought it was meant to behave like the "home" button on the keyboard.
are you refering to clicking the music node twice?

Alumni

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
few things though, track detail background is not nice! maybe something like dark translucent grey.

this is the same thing referred to back here:
Hope this can be achieved as the maroon colour doesn't work with all skins:
yes i will add a new skin element but i am leaving that sort of thing until the new GUI is mostly done

As it's based on a theater-mode, couldn't MB mix that maroon colour with the bg value from the panel?

+1
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

this is the same thing referred to back here:
Hope this can be achieved as the maroon colour doesn't work with all skins:
yes i will add a new skin element but i am leaving that sort of thing until the new GUI is mostly done

As it's based on a theater-mode, couldn't MB mix that maroon colour with the bg value from the panel?
it would be awesome if it can be controlled by skinners. the maroon color really isn't my fav.

AvikB

yup thats what i need. i need to increase the interval.

lizzy

- support for configuring the right sidebar when using the Playlist layout in the now playing panel (click the Now Playing dropdown/ Right Sidebar/ Customise Panel)
- fix for ripping cd's with cuesheets
- fix for displaying virtual files from cuesheets in the computer node

Excellent :)

Steven

• Administrator
yup thats what i need. i need to increase the interval.
its currently set to 40 seconds. I was thinking of increasing it to 60 seconds anyway to reduce the load on servers so i will at least do that without any configuration option.
However the request you are making is not something i would expect so i am wondering if i am missing some point here.

hiccup

Crash (with a red cross over the MB panel) when changing the order of Toolbar Buttons:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5847.38930 (Win10.0), 5 jan 2016 19:12:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Width()
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Size()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qOYuxnER6mK6GLtMFFWTbv4wGyDy3XjgmYnvIlZ$HDlM=._Lambda$__0()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qa0ucrRziiXiLCHsmcoaKWx4s7r1K1NkVhCkAvrBP_7o=(Graphics #=qESP7HuqwsWYK3ejlshl5BQ==, Rectangle[] #=qssrg1HSgYBhoAzUUyaMPZw==, Rectangle #=qersxv3NzFY2lSi2IExFOXg==, Int32 #=q$DkU_QfpXptXQQ0Mp0i2wqmGxLFzMdsJBHAI2H8yn48=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qjyZj0ikLBYUEp_967Kc_MNTJAQF$nFsGWZe3c_PYo4I=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qmLAEco1KC_DkdnfysDbedA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=q1IcqGAcqEqwxMZpxT3bwvw==(PaintEventArgs #=qEIL38o0E_JlXm6oZcGPR8A==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qq3n4y6JM4pOASqa$DR2C$vNzLDaWPntKs9jS3c1IKYU=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qMKZcOuVE8BMaRf0l5dm8KQ==)
   at #=q3tP8OxwrLUDXhSkyN8qeGA==.#=qkqqrXLqhWVkP1RdkUDrphQ==.#=qZkVdVaIthuCh5RKYbTy84g==(Graphics #=qIc6pt909fJ4sWDGoOTXvEA==, #=qqC_TDuuKZezMFeg_I9tLjP8IdaIDbMYcDGRIQkK0JNM= #=qVymlOBCA07YEZLNNXVLgPQ==, Rectangle #=q51Bi5wpLn0Q8Tek$7AfmOg==, Rectangle #=qlVGXCykgY1n3EMs6Yi1vOw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qCtcyoSZn9My4LuJx2X4IVg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qrVODBAageK7oi5dMO$2xTptc8A2HkgxsRoFpK2vSFCg=.WndProc(Message& #=qkd3IQsv0U4XZP8jUbpUVWw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qDn$8x_TiyYfb4ed20GvsvQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hiccup

Crash (with a red cross over the MB panel) when changing the order of Toolbar Buttons:

edit,
It was probably because an icon was missing from the Icon folder.

Antineutrino

Is it possible to remove the blue border (Windows 10)?

Steven

• Administrator