Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1256349 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I noticed a strange behaviour while skipping forward.
it sounds like you have "playback follows cursor" enabled

Lonelobo

something i find iritating in v3.0.5838 is that the tumbnails for the artists (the left bar) are not stored in my default musicbee folder (playlist folder in C:\Users\xxx\Documents\MusicBee) but are on an other drive (E:\Documents\MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb). This is not my default drive for anything other then the windows download folder and all my games. Is this a know bug/feature? Or is there somthing wrong with my settings (didnt find any setting related to this)?

Steven

• Administrator
Or is there somthing wrong with my settings (didnt find any setting related to this)?
Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artist pictures location
you might need to manually copy the existing pictures across

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having an issue with editing multiple files.  This is in Audiobooks, with "display first few tracks only" selected.  I tried turning off the "display first few tracks" and it didn't help, though.  Perhaps there's another settings that I'm not thinking of that would matter.  I put the editor in the main panel to make the screen cap simpler, but it happened with floating window, too.

GIF: http://imgur.com/XF3P8O9

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I'm having an issue with editing multiple files. 
could you confirm its just the sort fields that are mis-behaving?

Juergen

Hi,
I got this error while trying to switch to Mini Player (MusicBee -> View -> Mini Player):

MusicBee v3.0.5839.31964 (Win10.0), 27 Dez 2015 21:03:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.#=qetZhANlxH2UAQpsUpUizZsTSme9LBYeCp7niSoLqiV4=.#=qZ$gtJGCulfk$ABMM5cOfNmK9aB3$VPPwr7EjtoM9LUc=(#=qnAlQDrwbUSGB4YKXzJT_v_I_ZXJKJ$Ktw02Um3fqDyw= #=qZfGBEgZnSLW9HWqPxNwWdg==, Point #=qKPndbmdCbiIeuhBuP34h_A==)
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.#=qetZhANlxH2UAQpsUpUizZsTSme9LBYeCp7niSoLqiV4=.#=qta6Z1UFA1nXpMtQeDOoasFgAXiGhPRKxAgMajBPwAXE=(#=qnAlQDrwbUSGB4YKXzJT_v_I_ZXJKJ$Ktw02Um3fqDyw= #=qYnnogJ$xxJZyxbRZZ_8Q$Q==)
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.#=qetZhANlxH2UAQpsUpUizZsTSme9LBYeCp7niSoLqiV4=.#=q$GYkL$YQotrEt9kk$wsHdxRTwjNtzgDBvTwIxjP2x5s=(Boolean #=qGtR3Uic7jyz7Q8b8bqPhig==)
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.#=qtv5kcZ99xpc6MgxRWfROChbR9cm3AP_0WsD2S15KkZE=()
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.OnLoad(EventArgs #=qmaHC_WDs8o9vWDOCMpEGyg==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei #=qwGPqja7uZ7emlwlEhAgZIzy_8LNiOnUMbIqLqqqczPs=.WndProc(Message& #=qdfDOFdAMxH3UIHtTxNXHag==)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Windows 10 (x64) Version 1511 (Build 10586.36).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having an issue with editing multiple files. 
could you confirm its just the sort fields that are mis-behaving?

No, as far as I can tell it's any field.  That just happened to be the field I was trying to change right then.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I got this error while trying to switch to Mini Player (MusicBee -> View -> Mini Player):
can you confirm you had no song active when you did this?

Steven

• Administrator
No, as far as I can tell it's any field.  That just happened to be the field I was trying to change right then.
hmm thats strange then. I can definitely reproduce an issue as shown in your gif for any sort fields but all other custom tags work fine for me

Juergen

can you confirm you had no song active when you did this?

Confirmed - no song active.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
hmm thats strange then. I can definitely reproduce an issue as shown in your gif for any sort fields but all other custom tags work fine for me

I think you're right, I just tested again with Grouping and Publisher and it works.  I must have gotten confused earlier, because there were two clusters I was trying to sort out.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

- fixes for the above
- the playlist layout in the compact player can now be customised

AvikB

Few bugs and glitches i found:
when in mini player and compact mode right click gives me the error and a white background with red x, seems like rendering issue:

and the error:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5839.40604 (Win6.3), 28 Dec 2015 5:40:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_RawFormat()
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Point point)
   at #=qGzxOKuVMmd2vQ9AhlcPh7g4LmKr4_leXpqS6oL8CCM0=.#=q81gc7S6cFiTG5w8ZLvuBKQ==(ToolStripItemTextRenderEventArgs #=qdjAGRgNuykZe8nBxToZIxg==)
   at #=qyTW9AMDGoRARuDsLKK3FwQEc6S5pK9dYmebbyEclU5rl7Vd9s45dGZeDzIDIlQ2x.OnRenderItemText(ToolStripItemTextRenderEventArgs #=q_6_GtwR7ZMw0t4bRd8UIoQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripRenderer.DrawItemText(ToolStripItemTextRenderEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandlePaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

also when in compact mode there is a bit of ui overlapping:

AvikB

and few other ux, ui improvement suggestion:

first off the scrollbar, when you select a song it highlights, and because of the scrollbar background is white the highlight seems like it's been cutoff. It would be better to have the scrollbar overlapping over the content.

and the sound icon would be better off on the other side, currently in the track with thumbnail view the playing track's song name and artist name is pushed a bit to the side so that the icon can fit, but this creates a bit of inconsistency. For other views it is okay, as they don't only push the plaing track's name to side, but all of the other tracks as well.

Also maybe smooth scrolling? ;)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Editing multiple files is fixed!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)