Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233331 times)

redwing

I see that with the new update. The artist pictures don't seem to pick up from the folder i saved it. THe file location is still fine, but it is not working correctly.

Working fine for me. It could be cache issue. Try emptying artist cache folder under AppData/Internal Cache folder.

Citfield

I see that with the new update. The artist pictures don't seem to pick up from the folder i saved it. THe file location is still fine, but it is not working correctly.

Working fine for me. It could be cache issue. Try emptying artist cache folder under AppData/Internal Cache folder.
Thanks i have deleted this data but with no help, i however have seen that MB only takes the artist name and not the extras. Like Blink 182, it will only take the Blink 182.jpg and not the Blink 182 (1).jpg file.

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks i have deleted this data but with no help, i however have seen that MB only takes the artist name and not the extras. Like Blink 182, it will only take the Blink 182.jpg and not the Blink 182 (1).jpg file.
thats right - i made a change a while ago that excludes "<artist><space>*" to stop MB incorrectly detecting a different artist.
If you get rid of the ending space it should work eg. "Blink 182(1).jpg"
I will look at making an extra enhancement so that if the additional text contains no letters then it gets included

Citfield

thats right - i made a change a while ago that excludes "<artist><space>*" to stop MB incorrectly detecting a different artist.
If you get rid of the ending space it should work eg. "Blink 182(1).jpg"
I will look at making an extra enhancement so that if the additional text contains no letters then it gets included
If i might ask the reason for removing the space, as it is easier to save it with the space?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If i might ask the reason for removing the space, as it is easier to save it with the space?

It's to avoid picking up similar but wrong artists, ie "The Verve" vs "The Verve Pipe"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Citfield

It's to avoid picking up similar but wrong artists, ie "The Verve" vs "The Verve Pipe"
I thought so, thanks.

redwing

What are these diagonal stripes from expanded panel (with 23,23,23 for bg)? Do others see the same thing or this is my video driver issue?

http://i.imgur.com/O8sz6yE.png

thebradlambert

Hey Steven, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but I have an issue with the new "Hide Panels Header Bar" feature.

I would love to use this feature, however it also hides the toggle at the top of my Right Sidebar. I should be able to stack the tabs via the Panel Layout tool and still toggle between Lyrics and Track Details on the sidebar even though the Panels Header Bar is hidden.. Minimum: consider adding a "Toggle Between Right Sidebar Tabs" hotkey slot so that I can hide the panel and still swap between the displayed info.

Keep up the good work, MusicBee 3.0 is an incredible piece of software!

Steven

• Administrator
Hey Steven, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but I have an issue with the new "Hide Panels Header Bar" feature.

I would love to use this feature, however it also hides the toggle at the top of my Right Sidebar. I should be able to stack the tabs via the Panel Layout tool and still toggle between Lyrics and Track Details on the sidebar even though the Panels Header Bar is hidden.. Minimum: consider adding a "Toggle Between Right Sidebar Tabs" hotkey slot so that I can hide the panel and still swap between the displayed info.
i am not really sure what you mean but if you are refering to the menu available in the header bar, just right click on the tab header and access the menu from there

redwing

i am not really sure what you mean but if you are refering to the menu available in the header bar, just right click on the tab header and access the menu from there

The OP was referring to when the top element of the right sidebar is stacked with multiple elements. Currently tab header doesn't show available elements. In addition to fixing tab header menu, right-click menu on the top element to switch to other elements could also be useful.

Steven

• Administrator
Advance notice that full artist biographies will be no longer available after May 31, along with the some of the advanced filtering on the Music Recommendations. Thats because echonest.com was taken over by Spotify and the old APIs will no longer be supported.
Partial biographies will still be available.
For v3.1 i will look to do something myself - maybe pulling the artist text from the wikipedia page

Steven

• Administrator

The OP was referring to when the top element of the right sidebar is stacked with multiple elements. Currently tab header doesn't show available elements. In addition to fixing tab header menu, right-click menu on the top element to switch to other elements could also be useful.
i have made the stacked items menu accessible in the same way it is when the panel is not hidden for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
What are these diagonal stripes from expanded panel (with 23,23,23 for bg)? Do others see the same thing or this is my video driver issue?

i cant see any diagonal stripes

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a change so that using the example above "The Verve (1)" would now get included for "The Verve" because it contains no letters

redwing

i cant see any diagonal stripes

Do you mean from your machine or from the linked image? For the image, I was referring to the bottom half of the reflection areas.