Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248918 times)

lancie13

I tried v3.0 and it works fine.  The only thing I noticed is that it will not dock on my second monitor.  2.5 would do this and it's kind of a deal breaker for me.  Is that possibly an easy fix?  Not sure.  Other than that I love the new GUI.

What do you mean by dock? I have no problems with 3.0 on a second monitor.

When you right click on the compact player and go to "window settings" and choose bottom v3.0 always docks on my 1st monitor even if the maximized window is on my 2nd.  In v2.5 if I had it on my 2nd monitor and docked it at the bottom it would dock on the bottom of the 2nd monitor.  v3.0 won't.  Does that help clarify?  I don't know much about how it would decide that, but I liked being able to dock it on my 2nd monitor because it is about the same size as the taskbar and then my two screen are pretty much the same size.

Steven

• Administrator
When you right click on the compact player and go to "window settings" and choose bottom v3.0 always docks on my 1st monitor even if the maximized window is on my 2nd.  In v2.5 if I had it on my 2nd monitor and docked it at the bottom it would dock on the bottom of the 2nd monitor.  v3.0 won't.  Does that help clarify?  I don't know much about how it would decide that, but I liked being able to dock it on my 2nd monitor because it is about the same size as the taskbar and then my two screen are pretty much the same size.
i think you are refering to the mini-player. Do you get the desired behavior if the MusicBee application window is not maximised? I would think its probably because of that, and i can make a change to accomodate that

lancie13

Steven,

Thanks for your response.  You are correct.  I did mean the mini player.  Sorry.  Even if I don't have the window maximized, it still happens.  I would just like to be able to dock v3.0 mini player on the bottom of my 2nd monitor if possible.  Thanks again.

redwing

yes you are right - my first test file had extra artists. I can reproduce now and its fixed for the next update

Thanks, it's working better now, but not completely fixed yet. Once falling back to artist picture, it refuses to show movie backdrops for any tracks from the same artist.

Add one more track, track 3:
Title: track 1, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Jaws
Title: track 2, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Dracula
Title: track 3, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Queen

If you switch between track 1 and 2, movie backdrops are now changing accordingly thanks to the fix. Now play track 3, then it will show John Williams's artist picture because I made up the movie title. Then play track 1 or 2, and you will see it keeps showing John Williams's artist picture instead of switching to movie backdrops for those tracks. Try with v2.5, it's working properly.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm using the new right click menu on Auto DJ a lot!  When MB first starts, though, it shows "Turn on Auto DJ" even when Auto DJ is already active.  (And could "Turn On" maybe be changed to "Start" - although I only recently discovered that this command is in the menu you get when you right click on the Taskbar.  Just another of those things I keep discovering...)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

If you click on the content of template editor (track info panel, virtual tag editor, etc.) and then click on field/function selector, it gives the following error:

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5927.37303 - System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: '#=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_Dn1fBA_bVRR5J965sBal$w='.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PointToScreen(Point p)
   at #=q5l6J2HyqpH9lzfD5Py0J2dS1utvCfjq$Cuk9$kXP2L8=.#=qZwqdjUAfUIQwNxF4H1PARw==(#=qEFK9NYgyaobMKF6PEzW_4lkp4COeIHizzCh1QVMP1aU= #=q9Dn7pClUUYWnN$W3XOrCdw==, Int32 #=qXKaqjUaUE8W4BwQ2CX0QBQ==, Int32 #=qsqebvwd70_s6t3FhU_lmQw==, Int32 #=qL0Vm9pc8PzgyDwqW$AXJmcGHOdvE9sOtBTtBsy2O564=, Int32 #=qQOumoq4JZI$AJ8LR38rnBkmnn8FZQl07HL_7gSitQUA=, Int32 #=qOfC531GssmEFnDryLAkST3UhyB5o0Fysc$ZLEcWImPE=)
   at #=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_Dn1fBA_bVRR5J965sBal$w=.#=qs95_lCmSiUYfRkpeMkctHw==.#=qK4WTVMKVEfXm_1Ipa7a4HQ==(#=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_Dn1fBA_bVRR5J965sBal$w= #=qtYVkhaqWNSXfOaCY3Yzsvw==)
   at #=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_Dn1fBA_bVRR5J965sBal$w=.#=qu0oy__GZjs_W_Kz3rOfXJZb825Ly5wmJXhtHJTIRcmM=()
   at #=qveDAOvgLPdWcOC5xAIAR_Dn1fBA_bVRR5J965sBal$w=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=q8_MB2FBFoX9ZuDDfmA1_YA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
just in regards to the random freezing that was reported by a couple of people. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce and walking through the code.
I did make one small change but i dont really think that will be the reason it happened - it might be. So i will leave this for now. If anyone is able to semi-reliably reproduce this then i can spend more time on it

hiccup

just in regards to the random freezing that was reported by a couple of people....

Just something I am noticing (or imagining...)
I copied the bass_alac, I updated to 3.0.5927, and when I now play the 8 sec. wav I PMéd you before, both the spectrum visualiser and the progress line in the wavebar move very shaky.
(but it might well be that was already the case before these changes, but I just didn't notice it then)

Steven

• Administrator
If you switch between track 1 and 2, movie backdrops are now changing accordingly thanks to the fix. Now play track 3, then it will show John Williams's artist picture because I made up the movie title. Then play track 1 or 2, and you will see it keeps showing John Williams's artist picture instead of switching to movie backdrops for those tracks.
i have put in handling for this

Steven

• Administrator
I'm using the new right click menu on Auto DJ a lot!  When MB first starts, though, it shows "Turn on Auto DJ" even when Auto DJ is already active.  (And could "Turn On" maybe be changed to "Start" - although I only recently discovered that this command is in the menu you get when you right click on the Taskbar.  Just another of those things I keep discovering...)
If you click on the content of template editor (track info panel, virtual tag editor, etc.) and then click on field/function selector, it gives the following error:
those are fixed for the next update

If you decide to remove the context menu, please consider to add a column for the tracks section to sort the tracks by numbers (#), because there's no option to display playlists in the correct order as of now (at least if you only use the Assistant). Would be a nice improvement.
i have added # for playlists

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:06:31 PM by Steven

superstar19

It's hard for me keeping up with this thread so I apologize if this has already been addressed earlier in the thread...

I usually have multiple tabs open with a primary "MUSIC" tab that I navigate for my library and I prefer to keep in "Artist" view followed by "Album" view.  I don't use the left-hand navigation tree for this tab.  On my 2nd tab, I utilize the navigation tree and also use the "Artist" view, and this is where I manage new entries into my library and do things like tag editing, adding cover art, FLAC->MP3 conversions.   My issue is that after I do work in the 2nd tab and go back to the "MUSIC" tab, the "MUSIC" tab is now displayed by "Album" rather than "Artist".   Am I missing a setting that will keep the first tab from re-arranging the display settings?  I tried the "Pin Tab" feature but this didn't seem to affect it.

<edit> I should add that I haven't been able to consistently duplicate or figure out what causes the above behavior.  Sometimes I will be working in the 2nd tab, and go back to the "MUSIC" tab and the Artists are displayed as expected.  Other times when I go back, it will be the "Albums" displayed.

I've also tried to duplicate the setup I had with v2.5 where in my "MUSIC" tab which again is displayed by Artists if I double clicked on an Artist, all of the albums would be displayed (by cover art), and then if I double clicked on an album, that album's artwork and track detail/listings would be listed.   With v3.0, when I double click on the album, I just get a single album view without the track details.

Hopefully this post makes some sense.  I can get some screen captures if needed.  Thanks!

Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:09:19 PM by superstar19

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm using the new right click menu on Auto DJ a lot!  When MB first starts, though, it shows "Turn on Auto DJ" even when Auto DJ is already active.
those are fixed for the next update

Confirmed, thanks
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

rurutia10

just in regards to the random freezing that was reported by a couple of people. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce and walking through the code.
I did make one small change but i dont really think that will be the reason it happened - it might be. So i will leave this for now. If anyone is able to semi-reliably reproduce this then i can spend more time on it

thanks for the hard work

redwing

Thanks, all bugs that I reported are fixed.

Regarding this, I also noticed a few times MB crashed without an apparent reason while playing in shuffle.
Could it have something to do with the new bass.dll file? I checked recent patches, and probably such a bug started to be reported around the time you added that file to the patch.

redwing

A minor one: the dot in the checkbox of drop down menu is not placed at the center. It needs to move to the right by 1px. Noticed it while skinning.

http://i.imgur.com/60zJape.png