Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233763 times)

redwing

The second one was an old bug that you fixed years ago, but somehow it came back.
Let's say you have two tracks:
Title: track 1, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Jaws
Title: track 2, Artist: John Williams, Genre: Soundtrack, Album: Dracula

Play track 1 and then track 2, but the pictures are still those of Jaws. To change it to Dracula, you have to close and open the picture element again.
i am not able to reproduce this. Could you send me the file:
SavedSountrackMappings.dat which is in the AppData folder

Also could you confirm you are refering to the Artist Pictures view

I am really surprised to hear it's working fine for you. It has nothing to do with the mapping file as the two example files don't need mapping (album=movie title). I can replicate this issue with a fresh installation of MB right away.
One more thing, closing and opening the element doesn't correct the issue. You have to play another artist and then return to the original artist. It's happening with any picture element: compact player, now playing tab/bar, artist picture element. Only TMs are working properly.

redwing

There are (I think) a bug with the locked tabs.
I have this settings.

When I click a Filter --> the Filter appears to me in the same Tab
When i click a Playlist --> open a new tab with the Playlist
But the Playlist should me be displayed in the same Tab?!

I heard this several times but I wasn't able to replicate it nor with a fresh installation of MB. It would be helpful if you PM your settings file to Steven.

Steven

• Administrator

Library Filters is treated as one group and Playlists as another. Jumping between a Library Filter and a Playlist opens a new tab

Steven

• Administrator
I am really surprised to hear it's working fine for you. It has nothing to do with the mapping file as the two example files don't need mapping (album=movie title). I can replicate this issue with a fresh installation of MB right away.
One more thing, closing and opening the element doesn't correct the issue. You have to play another artist and then return to the original artist. It's happening with any picture element: compact player, now playing tab/bar, artist picture element. Only TMs are working properly.
i wont be able to help any further with this one then

h0m3r

Library Filters is treated as one group and Playlists as another. Jumping between a Library Filter and a Playlist opens a new tab

ah ok I understand.
thanks for your explanation.
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:06:51 AM by h0m3r

redwing

OK. I'd appreciate if anyone else tries to replicate the issue and tell me it's working or not. I'm wondering if this is happening only to my machine.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

OK. I'd appreciate if anyone else tries to replicate the issue and tell me it's working or not. I'm wondering if this is happening only to my machine.
I can duplicate it redwing
track 1 / Title: The Pink Panther Theme / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: The Pink Panther / Genre: Soundtrack 
track 2 / Title: Days Of Wine And Roses / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: Days Of Wine And Roses / Genre: Soundtrack 
track 3 / Title: Baby Elephant Walk / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: Hatari! / Genre: Soundtrack
track 4 / Title: Peter Gunn / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: The Music From Peter Gunn / Genre: Soundtrack

wont change from images taken from The Pink Panther
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Alumni

It may or may not be related to the issues you described, but today I noticed that when playing an album with more than one cover (ie. a different cover for each track) the artwork doesn't update/refresh automatically, at least in the Now Playing node. In my case it didn't have anything to do with soundtracks though.

XanderzDad

Firstly Steven, amazing work.  I've been following your progress for about 6 months - love it. V3 has been rock solid during my usage over past month or so.

Minor bug / irritation - when searching Album artist by name in the library explorer, the matching artist drops to bottom of the list whereas it should be at top (as per V2).
For example if I type PRI, then Prince is at the bottom of the list of matches, with all names following PRI off the bottom of the list and therefore not visible.
(I would screenshot it, but no idea how on this forum I'm afraid).

redwing

I can duplicate it redwing
track 1 / Title: The Pink Panther Theme / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: The Pink Panther / Genre: Soundtrack 
track 2 / Title: Days Of Wine And Roses / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: Days Of Wine And Roses / Genre: Soundtrack 
track 3 / Title: Baby Elephant Walk / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: Hatari! / Genre: Soundtrack
track 4 / Title: Peter Gunn / Artist: Henry Mancini / Album: The Music From Peter Gunn / Genre: Soundtrack

wont change from images taken from The Pink Panther

Thanks, Bee-liever! Then it doesn't seem my machine's issue.

It may or may not be related to the issues you described, but today I noticed that when playing an album with more than one cover (ie. a different cover for each track) the artwork doesn't update/refresh automatically, at least in the Now Playing node. In my case it didn't have anything to do with soundtracks though.

That sounds like the issue Bee-liever reported a while ago:

If you have multiple artwork images displaying in Track Information (and Enable Image Rotation is checked), when moving to Now Playing tab whatever artwork is currently displayed becomes the album artwork that is used in whatever view you use in the Now Playing tab.

Steven

• Administrator
yes you are right - my first test file had extra artists. I can reproduce now and its fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Context menu functions for playlists in the items sections of the Now Playing Assistant doesn't work.
you can right click in the files section of the panel. I have removed the context menu when clicking on a playlist itself

Steven

• Administrator
There are bugs in the Mini Player Layout Editor if you select display fields or contrast, it won't display the options in the expected behaviour.
assuming you have the mini-player "always on top" then thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Minor bug / irritation - when searching Album artist by name in the library explorer, the matching artist drops to bottom of the list whereas it should be at top (as per V2).
For example if I type PRI, then Prince is at the bottom of the list of matches, with all names following PRI off the bottom of the list and therefore not visible.
trying with v2.5, the library explorer doesnt behave in the desired way you describe - v3 does the same where the node is displayed on the bottom if MB needs to scroll the panel down. Its no problem to change it so the first matching node is always at the top but perhaps i am not understanding what you are saying.

XanderzDad

You are spot on - so impressive how quick you fix things.  Do you ever sleep?