Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248776 times)

sleepless

- On startup, the web browser icon is not displayed in its tab. The tab is pinned with icon and text. Once the tab is selected, the icon behavior returns to normal until MB is restarted again. This doesn't happen with any of the other tabs.

- Is there a skin element for WebBrowserIcon?

Steven

• Administrator
There's a bug that produces a horizontal line across the screen that can be picked up and dragged vertically. I'm not exactly sure of when it occurs. Sometimes there, sometimes not.
its from the radio panel and fixed for the next update

- On startup, the web browser icon is not displayed in its tab. The tab is pinned with icon and text. Once the tab is selected, the icon behavior returns to normal until MB is restarted again. This doesn't happen with any of the other tabs.
thats fixed for the next update

Web browser plugin tab doesn't respect show/hide header bar state.
thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:13:55 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Edit: I just tried to pin an auto-playlist with shuffle enabled, but clicking on the tab doesn't refresh/shuffle the playlist each time.
thats right, i wouldnt expect it to. I also checked in v2.5 and its the same. Just press F5 to refresh

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- thats pretty much v3 done functionality wise, although i still plan to add support for a spacer element
- of course any reported bugs or functionality i forgot from v2.5 (and not already stated it wont be ported to v3) will be fixed
- lastly i am aware there is a high dpi scaling issue with custom bitmap skins but given its not straight-forward to solve and i will probably leave it unsolved for v3
Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:34:13 PM by Steven

h0m3r

what happend with the Artist Picture of Amy Winehouse?
let me know if its ok after the next update as i am using a different approach now

confirm the fix. until now everything looks good.
thank you.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
looks like the images are not just being cropped - their quality is also being reduced
Cropping only know :)
MB3 looks very good indeed!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Cypher

Every bug i've reported is confirmed Fixed on the latest patch (3.0.5923).
Thanks Steven!

KissCool

i have enhanced the panel so it shows a small album cover by the album name - it doesnt change the total space required by the expanded panel
Could this small album artwork keep the original aspect ratio, please? (not stretched, nor cropped)

2 issues:
 - "TabsBar.Tab.Default" bg="" bg2="" -> set the background of the highlighted tab
"TabsBar.Tab.Highlight" bg doesn't work anymore
 - Not a big deal, but look strange (highlighted artist in thumbnail browser)

Both fixed. Thanks.

Found 1 visual bug (music explorer)

fabulario

i have enhanced the panel so it shows a small album cover by the album name - it doesnt change the total space required by the expanded panel

This is great! Thanks.

KissCool

Another bug. Double clicking an Artist/Album picture while a custom view is selected:

MusicBee v3.0.5923.36565 (Win10.0), 20 mars 2016 23:13:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
   à #=qscog9rREiaRfs68smGFxkrq9yq1QuuXVL7V3_$a9HHM=.#=qSaI5P1Vy$9qHv03lP6GLHOHo2$JZDD8czzPIarfFlRc=(Boolean #=qGtR3Uic7jyz7Q8b8bqPhig==)
   à MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qyoC5ohGQrpD2Fbqz4J_GEg==(#=qtb_XC_d3DMQ7i8Hym31spEhQd2mIJ3W3PhLAaFoRcOE= #=q5z6tWRIUsFOvAgmHapE2kPTqXUef_ibfmmlmwKv26nk=, Boolean #=qS9vmEpKHthDK6wqNejdniNpJLx$vozLLPXu0_VHCL58=, #=qUb6quzuoCGxAagHk5p0SAQ== #=qyNjssa4AFoXlGjQ1ecAYBg==, #=qTcfSM_Rb2aQ9E21i_eZf9WJ5rJRZWQH0zwE8T$xMDfc= #=qIXxc2y196aeiuhXWWf0vV6YGAGLPsOzvg_sIEwEAI0A=, Boolean #=qXGfQR0R0bouSWaFXLgnOv4XXQfdKyAPSDBW_98BD7rg=, #=quc19j51Yd8bAET4wCgIYO84xlwkurU960IjpjC$fPjg= #=qUMXF$ll$h5hKj1Ks4Utt1g==, #=qjkoo7espNQSII9GPN07YMDvwiXdtSiRR0ciFEI$_3f8=[] #=qb0iCz7SBtVC_RSU75GDp2odrVzEfkEgOZwJVavfpCmE=, Boolean #=qpbrjTzYiajw2AzWy5fpXKjXRMsVPCRcnkmG2D1B5D2w=)

Steven

• Administrator
Another bug. Double clicking an Artist/Album picture while a custom view is selected:
both are fixed now - same download link

KissCool

theta_wave

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above
- thats pretty much v3 done functionality wise, although i still plan to add support for a spacer element
- of course any reported bugs or functionality i forgot from v2.5 (and not already stated it wont be ported to v3) will be fixed
- lastly i am aware there is a high dpi scaling issue with custom bitmap skins but given its not straight-forward to solve and i will probably leave it unsolved for v3
Tab headers are all CAPs now.  Is this a bug or was it by design?  Also, the header title for an unlocked tab doesn't change when opening last.fm statistics like before.

Noticeable gap seen in the extended panel under Music Explorer.

The gap is still there but is now smaller and considerably less noticeable.  I can live with it.

phred

• Global Moderator
Tab headers are all CAPs now.  Is this a bug or was it by design?  Also, the header title for an unlocked tab doesn't change when opening last.fm statistics like before.
I failed to catch this change also.  Steven replied to my query.
Edit > Layout (1) > Header Bar > Tabs Bar > Style
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:47:10 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sleepless

After navigating to podcasts, the thumbnail browser scrollbar from the previous node remains visible. This only happens the first time the podcast node is visited. If you leave and then re-enter it goes back to normal. Also if MB is started in the podcast node, it doesn't occur.