Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254159 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It works if the track is playing, but if it's paused and you want to stop/release it, the button doesn't change.
that wasnt implemented in any panel but i have done so for the next update

Awesome, thanks
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

On the subject of the Playlist Manager, does it really need the music library node attached to it?
In my opinion it would make more sense if this panel was just for displaying playlists and nothing else.
At least it would be nice to have the option of hiding nodes you don't want to see (Music, Inbox, Audiobooks).

Perhaps it could also benefit from a hidden/auto-open behavior to match the left navigator, for dragging and dropping tracks to a playlist - assuming your setup is based on pinned tabs for navigating rather than the sidebar.
Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:47:47 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
On the subject of the Playlist Manager, does it really need the music library node attached to it?
In my opinion it would make more sense if this panel was just for displaying playlists and nothing else.
At least it would be nice to have the option of hiding nodes you don't want to see (Music, Inbox, Audiobooks).

Perhaps it could also benefit from a hidden/auto-open behavior to match the left navigator, for dragging and dropping tracks to a playlist - assuming your setup is based on pinned tabs for navigating rather than the sidebar.

The trouble with hiding the music library from the playlist manager is that then you can't get to the library and have the playlist manager open at the same time.  (This is why the playlist manager confuses me.  Seems like it should be another sidebar element, not a "playlist" node.)
Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:13:32 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
The point of having the Playlist Manager is for people who dont have a left sidebar displayed. The point of having the Library node in the playlist manager is so you can browse files  in your library and easily drag them into a playlist.
Now that the left sidebar automatically pops up when dragging files means there is less need for this function but i probably wont remove it

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The point of having the Playlist Manager is for people who dont have a left sidebar displayed. The point of having the Library node in the playlist manager is so you can browse files  in your library and easily drag them into a playlist.
Now that the left sidebar automatically pops up when dragging files means there is less need for this function but i probably wont remove it

I think the playlist manager is a great idea, left sidebar or not. It helps to have them expanded and better accessible.  If it were a standalone element, I would turn off playlists in the left sidebar completely.  I think I see better why it was implemented it the way it was, almost like a zoom in on the playlists.  As you say, it's kind of redundant right now.  But the playlist manager could be a complete undocking of the playlists from the left panel, giving more space for playlists and more space for the rest of the left panel.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RTesla

In terms of the pinned tabs and sometimes navigating away from them, why not use a double click on the tab to bring you back to the original node of the tab?

[Edit] Actually, just realised this starts to play the contents of the tab. Hmm, tricky one. Maybe a triple click to revert to original node. Although not quite sure how you can reolve this 'problem' other than preventing navigating away from the pinned tab which possibly not everyone will like.
Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:11:07 AM by RTesla

Steven

• Administrator
Another bug:

- edit a track/album and do a "Search Internet" for a picture: if a picture isn't found the not found dialog appears twice.

IIRC, it hapens also on the Rip CD dialog, but probably it's the same code path.
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes and changes for the items stated as fixed above

a2a

How far away from an official, stable, release :) ?? Well looking forward to it...

redwing

I think the playlist manager is a great idea, left sidebar or not. It helps to have them expanded and better accessible.  If it were a standalone element, I would turn off playlists in the left sidebar completely.  I think I see better why it was implemented it the way it was, almost like a zoom in on the playlists.  As you say, it's kind of redundant right now.  But the playlist manager could be a complete undocking of the playlists from the left panel, giving more space for playlists and more space for the rest of the left panel.

My notion of playlist manager is an alternative means to left sidebar exclusively specialized in drag-n-drop files. So it won't need nodes that has nothing to with file handling - services nodes, radio, bookmarks, etc. But currently it lacks computer node and devices node. Also it should support collapsing folders for people with lots of playlist folders. If all these get supported, then playlist manager could pop out in place of left sidebar when dragging files.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In the settings for Library Explorer, it says "show track count for each item", but that's not actually what it shows.  It shows the number of sub-items in the Library Explorer tree.  To be clear, that's part of what I LIKE about Library Explorer (for instance, I can see the number of Artists I have a in any particular Genre Category), it just needs a different description.
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:02:35 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

- Ticking/unticking command buttons element in panel layout editor has no effect. It keeps showing up.
- If Tags (1)> Soundtrack picture location has nothing in the box, you get this error when clicking on folder selection button: 

10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5903.38801 - System.ArgumentException: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at #=qK9WtC9XLt4YcMzGMGRZpHBBYr2XHbUaOO1t2Rlki8YQtLYeLOV4O51U$lcNnQ0A2.#=qaz1UvmMwIIvpkXiYOYXRQifp5HCHxzs25oZg7zFFhsasuoPFgUaqhuafxsH4P1Yr(Object #=qEDIrtzkF$z8$AMmn7pUEoQ==, EventArgs #=qx_LsP1KtfJajdYzziwwW0A==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=qpmbCy6$8nw3GHdJOt3dWB9LVY$PziyOdj$qD5oKiNoU=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qhzSPmOf_OdW8M7TY57fzLw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Also just noticed that Spectrum Visualiser in Layout Preferences is followed by two colons.  You can see it clearly here: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/musicbee/images/7/76/Preferences_Layout_1c.png

You can also see a slight error with the positioning of "bottom panel".
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:55:39 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Also just noticed that Spectrum Visualiser in Layout Preferences is followed by two colons.  You can see it clearly here: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/musicbee/images/7/76/Preferences_Layout_1c.png/revision/latest?cb=20160301054221

You can also see a slight error with the positioning of "bottom panel".
you need a larger size on the screenshot