Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254389 times)

ankor

Using Dark-Variations | Greenish Slategrey skin.
When there is just slightly more in a list than what can be fully displayed (like 1 item too many), the scroll bar has just a small space above the down arrow where you should be able to click and cause a scroll down.  It doesn't move.  The same thing with clicking the down arrow of the scroll bar. It acts like it thinks the list is fully displayed.

gpzbc

i have started making some changes around this. Since a few releases ago its now possible to configure the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout to show fields on the right. In the next update, the mini-player playlist can be configured to show not just the Track Details layout but also the Album and Tracks layout or the "Thumbnail with Tracks" layout.
I will probably add a track finder panel

I am also loving these changes. Thank you!

ethereal12

Wish I could test this out, but I'm stuck on XP for a while.

Looks good!

redwing

How about adding one more state to the player metro buttons?

The current same state on stop & pause gives a lot of trouble (by being confused) when editing or moving a track.

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you tried it on XP?  It should work.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

If you copy tags to another file via Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V on album & tracks, album or artist view, artwork doesn't change on the main panel though tag editor and track details panel shows the updated artwork correctly.

Steven

• Administrator
Have you tried it on XP?  It should work.
it wont work well and would need me to spend time on it so i am not planning to support XP for v3+

hiccup

The 'Expanded Panel Settings' panel doesn't remember it's last position and always opens in the top left corner of the screen.
Could it be changed so that it remembers it's last position?

Steven

• Administrator
If you copy tags to another file via Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V on album & tracks, album or artist view, artwork doesn't change on the main panel though tag editor and track details panel shows the updated artwork correctly.
just trying now its all working fine for me with all the changed tags refreshed in the main panel for the different views, nor can i see why it wouldnt work.
Is there any more info you can add to your report?

hiccup

The additionally displayed fields beneath the titles of the tracks are a bit difficult to read in some (many) skins.
Maybe the dimming factor relative to the title could be decreased a little bit?

redwing

just trying now its all working fine for me with all the changed tags refreshed in the main panel for the different views, nor can i see why it wouldnt work.
Is there any more info you can add to your report?

Really? I can replicate this bug using a fresh installation with the default settings file. It's not about changing views. Do you see the artwork in the main panel change when you paste tags?

Steven

• Administrator
Really? I can replicate this bug using a fresh installation with the default settings file. It's not about changing views. Do you see the artwork in the main panel change when you paste tags?
if you are only talking about artwork and the primary picture is embeded then yes i can reproduce a display issue where the cached artwork is not updated so i will fix that

redwing

A related bug is when you paste artist picture on artists view the artist picture on the main panel isn't updated.

Steven

• Administrator
When there is just slightly more in a list than what can be fully displayed (like 1 item too many), the scroll bar has just a small space above the down arrow where you should be able to click and cause a scroll down.  It doesn't move.  The same thing with clicking the down arrow of the scroll bar. It acts like it thinks the list is fully displayed.
thats fixed for the next update