Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1254108 times)

Sofocl

If one file is played twice (or more) consecutive time "wave" in the "Now playing bar" > "Theater Mode" is not updated;
Sorry for my bad English.

phred

• Global Moderator
However that's the space where the horizontal A-Z bar appears. Also where would you relocate the panel buttons (to open/close sidebar panels)? It takes up a tiny amount of vertical space but it's a clean look (imo) compared to jamming those items elsewhere.
Yes, exactly.  My A-Z jump bar is in that space currently.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

issue with podcast listing view.

artwork does not seem to get bigger.

redwing

"highlight playing track in the main panel" with "select track" option doesn't work.

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5883:

I've noticed that the Analyze Volume dialog doesn't seem to update while it is operating. Once I hit "Proceed", it runs, never updates, and then closes when it's finished.

redwing

Currently lowlight-scrollbar gets highlighted only when grabbed. It should highlight whenever the cursor moves around any (invisible) place of scrollbar to help finding it to grab since it's blended into the background.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Currently lowlight-scrollbar gets highlighted only when grabbed. It should highlight whenever the cursor moves around any (invisible) place of scrollbar to help finding it to grab since it's blended into the background.

With 2.5 and 3.0 being concurrently run (and that appears to be for the foreseeable future) I can't help but think the scrollbar.lowlight is wrong in it's implementation.

I know it (the lowlight) is supposed to be a subtler coloured version of the existing scrollbars.  But if you use it with 'narrow scrollbars' option, the lowlight colours tend to be too pale and the 'default' colours tend to be the ones you need for your lowlight scrollbars.

If you then change to a more noticeable colour combination for the default colours, these are too garish for use as normal scrollbars in 2.5 or if not using narrow scrollbars.

IMHO it should have been done as a highlight, then the default colours would remain consistent across 2.5 and 3.0 and a highlight only for 3.0.

I did propose an override for this earlier
with regards to the scrollbar default/lowlight elements
if it's not too difficult could you please implement
<element id="ScrollBarBorderNarrowOnly">true</element>
so if you have
<element id="ScrollbarNoArrows">true</element> active
the border attribute will only show when narrow scrollbars are used

so you can put a strong contrasting border on the scrollbar that only shows with narrow scrollbars in 3.0
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

I am confused. Was that ScrollBarBorderNarrowOnly setting implemented or not?

Alumni

Came across this error earlier while using the thumb browser.
I guess it didn't like me removing the contents of a category while it was still open.

MusicBee v3.0.5883.37616 (Win10.0), 11 Feb 2016 15:18:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qkhbaEWAWFyyyjar$78lrUpgiSq3H7$KYZ1IsHPywSqA=.#=qYuOtCKCfp$IjZqMAppwr3aRUjNZ9C_6YTjfAtCfyZY4=.#=q0QuPbqmoE7cLcfmmsOT3jgkqLdGj6M2wcmlEEZEyHJ0=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qW1PovF$bjyzpuVO5MS32Aw==)
   at #=qKL8uQ2FznFN6qRPl1lE5tg==.#=qWZzBgn4FwBhFCEPHOBOc7g==.#=q3NGwkVrYUKJfQqh25nARTQ==(#=qgxDRoRtfOk0WP1MLBZRyeXxK0mkpudAnBqgVLuoJiz4= #=qfqqaUFyQ$aH2Wus2V6khJA==)
   at #=qKL8uQ2FznFN6qRPl1lE5tg==.#=qwPa3kS0Xxd7RgszkWY490YHjeiItNfjwgdB6OEdvx6Y=.#=qSwj6G_PpW$8vqY6TLC0hkA==(#=qgxDRoRtfOk0WP1MLBZRyeXxK0mkpudAnBqgVLuoJiz4= #=q4llz5p9FdHVgP3TcLtaNmg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qkhbaEWAWFyyyjar$78lrUpgiSq3H7$KYZ1IsHPywSqA=.#=qYuOtCKCfp$IjZqMAppwr3aRUjNZ9C_6YTjfAtCfyZY4=.#=qOcSm1A4v4lnj58$dVSr$lc99zaWMCqTHnlE6bWGPZd4=(Int32 #=q0V5z76j0dtXxUqAhFciTyw==, #=qK6f3uSMWjfSMBJtP66_dkA== #=qKh3p3y_ad5SmMbWYqSpa9A==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qkhbaEWAWFyyyjar$78lrUpgiSq3H7$KYZ1IsHPywSqA=.#=qYuOtCKCfp$IjZqMAppwr3aRUjNZ9C_6YTjfAtCfyZY4=.#=qRB45oTPZopi5w2rAMTDZMA==(Graphics #=qFC4lwHUud6uS3EcxoPUE1A==, Rectangle #=quOUmmTjkKZc6WwIGpy66TQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qkhbaEWAWFyyyjar$78lrUpgiSq3H7$KYZ1IsHPywSqA=.#=qYuOtCKCfp$IjZqMAppwr3aRUjNZ9C_6YTjfAtCfyZY4=.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qOkRe3CmVh81Nq70g3DRZAg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qt1YGVVGuOd1qJvhqDi$G8vUlbU2v9THjuN8X$SZXgWU=.WndProc(Message& #=qvPm8Yx7oMrm1Gi94l_Sx5w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
Came across this error earlier while using the thumb browser.
I guess it didn't like me removing the contents of a category while it was still open.
what steps did you take to remove the contents eg. focus was on the main panel, Select All, then hit the delete button?
And was it the last category that was deleted?
Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:27:57 AM by Steven

Sofocl

MusicBee v3.0.5884.37463 (Win6.3), 11 ??? 2016 13:36:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: ?????? ?? ????????? ?????????. ?????? ?????? ???? ????????????? ??????, ? ??? ?????? ?? ?????? ????????? ?????? ?????????.
??? ?????????: index
   ? System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qCC29ra_i_JbF1aDUxqdee8UJ8tz5RQb7befJne$JfuA=.#=qiudv_N443NdVkgZyYEAWraor1Aamrf_KsvjzqWsw1Uk=.#=qrZ5iaNtnXhRjMab8F4lYRjwL1psDopWpnHfQDIUN6t0=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qSzcmT9u6Zp4X5WldONnlZg==)
   ? #=qTAnFnQ7CmbgTYcjczLDzig==.#=qtINtwoyO_DwFWYbxIt4DEw==.#=qW3XTU94nHrN2OlKfJESafg==(#=qOHWQqp8N6hIdFTn5uhL$Bg0x1QjUcBN15dRjjgsj1js= #=qPTpsAVCGvBoEr9LZ7vDmlA==)
   ? #=qTAnFnQ7CmbgTYcjczLDzig==.#=q2VlEvLXsIfFVEr_eQgQJiAT2Cz6IW2Odw5yLFzdcdO0=.#=qiL_phE3UtLd6LcWYbfukRg==(#=qOHWQqp8N6hIdFTn5uhL$Bg0x1QjUcBN15dRjjgsj1js= #=qE1N_IhvR1FFBbc3ZJu6kTw==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qCC29ra_i_JbF1aDUxqdee8UJ8tz5RQb7befJne$JfuA=.#=qiudv_N443NdVkgZyYEAWraor1Aamrf_KsvjzqWsw1Uk=.#=qX7vLEFeQsMbOrXNAXRrUt7iWGfDianBj7EwuO$J8dV8=(Int32 #=qflYi2VeRtkmYZ4I1Wu$oEg==, #=q9uHU6jQczS$Oqu0oq3wwrg== #=q0EoNimZQXqaMTxa3hTLFiA==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qCC29ra_i_JbF1aDUxqdee8UJ8tz5RQb7befJne$JfuA=.#=qiudv_N443NdVkgZyYEAWraor1Aamrf_KsvjzqWsw1Uk=.#=qNbr79ruR7drzW4IkRmDgwQ==(Graphics #=qN58eCnA7fAsMQIp_18pzOQ==, Rectangle #=qeFz05kMWSgcG264mGFaZpQ==)
   ? MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qCC29ra_i_JbF1aDUxqdee8UJ8tz5RQb7befJne$JfuA=.#=qiudv_N443NdVkgZyYEAWraor1Aamrf_KsvjzqWsw1Uk=.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qvwk84SMbQf5sXdu3w1S6QQ==)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? #=qzdoxFSjZRv97QNTj8f3bIaeYOd0lc0wd4xHdIbr7bzY=.WndProc(Message& #=qC7Cb2wkR36nef09$3mwxLQ==)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   ? System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:50:52 AM by Sofocl
Sorry for my bad English.

Alumni

what steps did you take to remove the contents eg. focus was on the main panel, Select All, then hit the delete button?
And was it the last category that was deleted?

I was in the process of editing my group genres/genre categories (in preferences), and the filter I had open at the time ("Unknown") had its results moved to another filter, thus would leave it blank and remove it from the browser list. I triggered a refresh to see the changes and that's when I received this error.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Was that ScrollBarBorderNarrowOnly setting implemented or not?

No.  It was never implemented.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Yeah, I got it. I'm gonna create a separate topic on dev/skins forum. Looks like there are some issues to discuss.

Adson

Question about deleting files:

I wanted to delete some files physically and simply pressed Del because I thought MB would ask me how to delete the files (library only or pyhsically).
It seems that this works different in MB3x.
Now the files are gone from the library but are still on my hd.

How can I restore the visibility of the files in the library to delete them finally?
Is there an option to show the prompt with the deletion question when pressing Del?
I searched for that in the settings area but could not find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.