Author Topic: Right click on folder > Open in MusicBee computer node  (Read 6689 times)

fumador

Or there is a way to do this via command line or something?

Thanks!

late

Edit -> Preferences -> General -> file types

Just ticking the 'enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer and context menus' was enough for an option 'Play with MusicBee' to appear when right clicking on a folder

fumador

Edit -> Preferences -> General -> file types

Just ticking the 'enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer and context menus' was enough for an option 'Play with MusicBee' to appear when right clicking on a folder

Thanks for the reply :) but no. I don't want to play a file, I want to locate the file/folder with MusicBee directly via context menu.

See, I usually organize my files using Windows Explorer or some other file management program, but, when I need some 'final touches' to do, need to open that folder with MusicBee to let me do tags, artwork, custom tags, etc (If MB is already open and playing a file, the music didn't suppose to stop, just open the main window and locates the right folder on the computer node).

I know, I can do the following: Right click folder > Play in musicbee > Switch to main player (if apply) > Right click on any 'current' playlist item > Press the 'locate in computer node' shortcut. I wonder if this is possible to do but in just 2 steps and the current music doesn't change or stop. If it opens in a new tab completes the perfection.

Maybe a /node or a /browse command parameter? Just noodling.

Hope this understands better.

Steven

• Administrator
for the computer nodes only, i have included right click/ Locate in Windows Explorer

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Zak

• Global Moderator
OP wants the other way around - to right-click a folder in Explorer and select a context menu item to have the folder selected in the computer node in MusicBee.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
yes, re-reading this you are right - still its useful to have anyway

fumador

for the computer nodes only, i have included right click/ Locate in Windows Explorer

Thanks Steven! :) But...

OP wants the other way around - to right-click a folder in Explorer and select a context menu item to have the folder selected in the computer node in MusicBee.

That's it! Sorry for the confusion  :-[

gapsynaptic

Hi - re-opening this old thread - I am looking to do this exact same thing as well, and was wondering if there was any way to enable this functionality. Thanks!