Author Topic: Show Cue Sheet Album Title in Column Viewer  (Read 5344 times)

a2a

I'd like to show the name of the album for my mix sets in the third column of column viewer.

I've followed some steps in this topic (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=6856.msg42026#msg42026), but that just shows me the album name, which I understand is the case because of the tag used. When I use the <title> tag instead, instead of listing the title of the individual mp3 file, it's showing all the titles of the individual tracks from the cue sheet.

What I'd like to do show the year and simply title of the mp3 track and then when selecting that have the individual virtual tracks listed in the bottom pane.

Cue sheet support for this application is by far the best I've used and this would be icing on the cake for me so I hope it can be achieved.

Thank you in advance :)

Pingaware

I'm not entirely clear on what you want (never personally used cue sheets), but it sounds like something that can be achieved with virtual tags (clicky-clicky).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

a2a

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, have looked at virtual tags and I'm hoping that will be the answer, but I've already tried and can't quite figure the field/settings/formula to use.

I will try post a screenshot later to better explain and illustrate :)

a2a

I've configured my library into 3-columns with a view to get 1) Artist > 2) Album 3) > Title

This is achieved using the following formula in virtual tags:

What I don't like about this view is that it doesn't give me the individual title names of the ID3 tag in the main set MP3. I want to use the title from the single mp3 file and not the title of the tracks contained as part of this album with the cue sheet.

Using one of my own DJ mix sets as an example, the fields from the ID3 tags I use and populate are; 1) Artist = Aza, 2) Album = azamusic.co.uk 3) Title = DJ Mix Demo 1

I use a cue sheet to allow the whole mix set to be broken down into virtual tracks with the format as followings

"PERFORMER "Aza"
TITLE "DJ Mix Set"
FILE "DJ_Mix_Set.mp3" MP3"

I want the title of the mix set (the value of the "title" field in the main mp3) to be shown in the library in order by track number.

If I label up using the <title> virtual tag, the library lists all individual tracks of every single track in the cue sheets indexed.

Ultimately I want it to look like this which is shown here using the GoneMadMusicPlayer app for Android :)

redwing

The title field at the beginning of a cue sheet specifies album name.
Try removing album tags from individual files, then you will see the "cue title" in the album column.

a2a

Thanks - that sounds like it could work.

I guess I didn't think of that because it essentially means tampering with the proper tags of the source mp3 file. Is there another way - perhaps via some virtual tag - I could instead use?

redwing

I don't know any other way. Personally I don't get why that web address has to be album name of all tracks.

a2a

All mix sets are part of that album which go up to the website.

I can see you're logic and I may have to do some work to rejig the tags. Just thought if GoneMadMusic Player does it ever so nicely then surely I can customise it to look the same :)

My logic however is that these mix demos are 'tracks/titles' forming part of a catalogue of mix demo albums.
Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:59:19 PM by a2a

a2a

Might have figured something which is best I can do I guess...

Is there a way to sort files by disc number? I've got a virtual tag where I'm using filename, but these are sorted alphabetically. I'd like to try listing these by filename but sort by disc number?

a2a

Is there a tag for "file title"?

If I edit properties for the tracks within the album the album file with cue sheet dialogue box appears:

I want to have that field highlighted in column three of listed there (and then sorted by disc number (if present)) :)

Please is any possibility?