Author Topic: Remove scrollbars optionally  (Read 8827 times)

Xyzzy

Hi,

Please add an option to remove all scrollbars, I have them literally in every panel, they take a lot of space and clutter MB window.

With ability to scroll anything under cursor with mouse wheel, they are not that needed anymore.

Some visual cues could be added to indicate there is more to view.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 

I think I requested this once a long time ago. It would be very helpful for small screens.  It should definitely be a user setting, not a skin setting.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
So basically something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DktM-XLaf0 ?

what an elegant solution!
+1 if it can be implemented this way

It should definitely be a user setting, not a skin setting.

+1
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Zak

• Global Moderator
With ability to scroll anything under cursor with mouse wheel, they are not that needed anymore.
That's assuming everyone has a mouse...
Bee excellent to each other...

Xyzzy

That's assuming everyone has a mouse...

That's why the 'optionally' in the Subject :)

Steven

• Administrator
i like this suggestion and will look to do it in the next musicbee release (2.6)

Steven

• Administrator
i have enabled this now in the latest v3 build.
However in the end i didnt feel that having the scrollbars auto-open worked very well (also i did the code for this months ago and it would need more work done for it to work correctly with newer v3 builds).
So what i have done is have an option to enable narrow scrollbars (in the Layout(1) preferences). I think it will work ok for people who mainly use the mouse wheel

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.0

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
While I'm disappointed about not getting the auto-hide scrollbars, with all the other great changes in 3.0, I think I'll get over it.  :)

BTW just a little suggestion.
when the narrow scrollbars are enabled, if the scrollbar background could come from the panel itself, not the normal scrollbar background, IMHO it would look better for all skins, especially some of the dark ones.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
BTW just a little suggestion.
when the narrow scrollbars are enabled, if the scrollbar background could come from the panel itself, not the normal scrollbar background, IMHO it would look better for all skins, especially some of the dark ones.
yes i agree
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

edit:
there is a bug with some dialog windows eg. Paste Artwork that causes the panel to not dock to the top of the form. Its fixed now and you should download the link again
Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:00:24 PM by Steven