Author Topic: use folder name as album name  (Read 2973 times)

estate

Is it possible to use the folder name as album name and do a websearch using these names ?

In MusicBee I find all kinds of album names with just a few musicnumbers in them but they belong to folders that are not the same as the album number shown by musicbee

(darn difficult to exactly write what I mean, as english is not my native, sorry :( )

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can use the "Infer and Update Tags From Filenames" command for this.  Right click on the tracks you want to update, and go to "Auto-Tag by Track".

You will need to provide a filename template to help MusicBee extract the album name.   This page may help: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Template
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

estate

Thanks for the quick answer but I am a total Noob and do not understand what you mean, where can i find this and how do I set the parameters ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is where to find it in the menus:

As for the settings, you will need to look at the page I linked and experiment.  If you tell us how your files are organized, someone might be able to suggest a template that will work.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

estate

Actually my files are arranged very logicaly (i guess)  I use the album name as the folder (or map) name and according to that I'd like to see all music arranged in that order.

Using album names as folder names is something I have done so its always clear what album I have on disc.

:) your replies are very fast :) sorry for my slow reactions