Author Topic: Error when connecting MTP device (v2.5)  (Read 12007 times)

Barbie-qu

I get the following error when i connect my MTP device, and click on its name in the Library Explorer.
Best regards

MusicBee v2.5.5469.14126 (Win6.1), 3 Jan 2015 11:58:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=qy5lKKriBWK3pEGr4FMdE22nmUNPrvGc7str2ZIUr3mY=.#=qmwVCI86YD0BMDQ1yvrt5oA==()
   at #=qHIbq2vykooz_vy74srVez53u1ZDR0ciJRDWMW5mIFoE=.#=qG_zMn0LNZE65lp4vkYlV3w==()
   at #=q6BNrRX13czjnhkdLEpIkNl7eH9TgBwliUsQEsLxOPUM=.#=qNg$OkTfwedN3lZi7EDcQaQ==(#=qCS0d2Tq8ZGqeN_rIMT82GIORpbGj2rcOQjGRw_jvZTCO3lkubv6UyBzqHw$8z0ee #=qYxDDgzuURpSzrVJ5F3joLw==, #=qjFUtocVosewWJN0$s6cOYJnmDxB8bk0QPKxWme4TpQg= #=qTcPsd5j5nfj3aCqIm9kO1w==, #=qRonlZrNT0EzwT1T_PKUm$VnXVIHFzWJv84aLJdZ6Kvc= #=qz6HWQJhB8$BicouYOiToLw==, #=qcz9L0WMkUs6BPGa87HhhLKn2CYVtrwqQD$koI1p$YWM= #=qZO2gCUjGpGcd1ukCu4nzAg==, String #=qRSHVX0lvaRLlgkOPXAN83gdVx5JTWRLv8rJx9lr9Rc8=, #=qjshVR9S8QrL4O7EKI7rHlkxhyFfOakr3Pp_Z7ndlbMM= #=qb1Cddd9Pf5jRsRlKsjSk4Q==, #=qjshVR9S8QrL4O7EKI7rHlkxhyFfOakr3Pp_Z7ndlbMM= #=qkXqlg0NDb4uNu_KfXNztBw==, #=q6EXhSDu0Y3O97kLGOvuryQziVMI9oKxQd7vWn7f2ioE= #=qtFv1HuhJ5VOzNoGo4CKj8g==, Boolean #=qB2C2TByh07PjnCmgw_0_cA==, String #=qfliBBivAm45qN1cxzNobKQ==, String[][] #=qw0l1wG9pbCIgqWvkXz8MYLjHJsu0A0AefB5E8YvtpV4=, #=qYl72nSWK7lORO$I$FxaPYUb1z8YORF_ozRhY9NTWNWXewQaLx6rOSZo$cC376GxM #=qpIQgjc8tUjfuARTswYj5AQ==, List`1 #=qa$eL2hkgALaOOS0$5U$NJw==, TagCode #=qsDsDwZZSMr$NKcw51ZIAFQ==, Boolean #=qTwDm0z6NlsT_dQfXatfyC4xgwmpB78KB0va_W3CnJ74=, Object #=qHI1qn5fJVDTO4xv1772SOA==, Boolean #=qkfAWFI8UQabyUTiDStguyjfuaUl$Ebmd2J34Z$UqlM8=, List`1 #=qsDBeD4oRORu6UZTcFfvuUw==, Int32 #=qfwdg74kPhuXatUqlQNHWgExKAhmbkDm4KuWcsATbVDU=, Boolean #=qBpV_u8$ufEsWpHB4BIJ4iZzVcW5aofOK2wXXl4vX2jo=, List`1 #=qCObd3cOxBS7Umz1GfFXyOg==, Boolean #=qaTx1ugBT9tmkC8rJj4KSjg==)
   at #=qnpaLrzCdGWauNc94T50Ipo4jjcL5TZaR$oY75vTEnDY=.#=q3t0NMR7teFO0RVt9qiOF7A==(Int32 #=qW3E5YnMzkCihqQOcGu6Glg==, Boolean #=qlRXNHNhwCqP$PcH93ScYaQ==, #=qCS0d2Tq8ZGqeN_rIMT82GIORpbGj2rcOQjGRw_jvZTCO3lkubv6UyBzqHw$8z0ee #=qqw1ULwGqrT$W9BoijMm5dw==, Boolean #=qWnwNvFY0cBd8575pg4sGMn$5V$H_NELtoLOwVoie_Yk=, #=qQg2_vEzTbE6f_trTxKNSnp4N$wcxqhA8RqQfY7NeXYA= #=qvG2VTqdPoJdXY6Y1hf$6Og==, Boolean #=qrPA25g$Gg25EbMYcBg4BO4bgzPelxwRqN2DzokabYVg=, Boolean #=qiUdavwCCOtSS0R31q73G1KCvuD84MKAzRdiVcksvNaU=)
   at #=qnpaLrzCdGWauNc94T50Ipo4jjcL5TZaR$oY75vTEnDY=.#=qVUhm4sVBtjB6h$oMtmPfjg==(Int32 #=qgj6Glzzgjisa9TcdHVcM1w==, #=qjFUtocVosewWJN0$s6cOYJnmDxB8bk0QPKxWme4TpQg= #=qusvArsjunmU858WhkQIrEg==, #=qRonlZrNT0EzwT1T_PKUm$VnXVIHFzWJv84aLJdZ6Kvc= #=qyP8y4S6Q6xth9Rghx9QTyg==, #=qjshVR9S8QrL4O7EKI7rHlkxhyFfOakr3Pp_Z7ndlbMM= #=qCK5HgJeSCFI05zsG2pld$A==, #=qCS0d2Tq8ZGqeN_rIMT82GIORpbGj2rcOQjGRw_jvZTCO3lkubv6UyBzqHw$8z0ee #=q3uAcDJjyStec61ZBcj9yzQ==, #=qrHF5HYPlLgEY$YAowaisUj0i2RWEPkzzY5USpzhrbMt0EWGHzjwQ8FBJFB7m9Aly #=qGj1G_E9Xw3tSPjUji3FDoA==, Boolean #=qlKTVmy_DnSXDxrFnYJT5prmQ39$J3_8OVC0Mkzk$Tfw=, Boolean #=qLulyRn2HEFrds0WQYJyN$w==)
   at #=qnpaLrzCdGWauNc94T50Ipo4jjcL5TZaR$oY75vTEnDY=.#=qWNHxmGyc84xERbUQLv_xtWP0QPpIwlYmqoQGK8oDArc=(#=qjFUtocVosewWJN0$s6cOYJnmDxB8bk0QPKxWme4TpQg= #=q7RkX3rq$KcY3EOwIU5Ju8w==, #=qRonlZrNT0EzwT1T_PKUm$VnXVIHFzWJv84aLJdZ6Kvc= #=q$rI_c7adxe8y_xIEiuRlsg==, #=qjshVR9S8QrL4O7EKI7rHlkxhyFfOakr3Pp_Z7ndlbMM= #=q3X7OsHsgH6pRmHSwhpeXgg==, #=qCS0d2Tq8ZGqeN_rIMT82GIORpbGj2rcOQjGRw_jvZTCO3lkubv6UyBzqHw$8z0ee #=q8jjbvKrY3qowweh24jVAUg==, Boolean #=qKSIYbya1MTKJ6JaBV4Fhi7eKUsaOTFWF_5unL5YQTiM=)
   at #=qnpaLrzCdGWauNc94T50Ipo4jjcL5TZaR$oY75vTEnDY=.#=qBs14_O4qilvIPLE9AzWZ3YmsRm39wVgdSq3ER8af6rtQV6orWO0PF3_E9e4ks6qb(Object #=qwB_tJ64K4fF5gVlW0DJyCg==, #=qRonlZrNT0EzwT1T_PKUm$VnXVIHFzWJv84aLJdZ6Kvc= #=qufAXWw82LF4TqOssOPkklA==)
   at #=qCOt$eYkctWHStSxaR$FD6MLjZ$P5TknA6fQbDVaMXi8=.#=qPtKPyENWX6D$gBdB_4Bidw==(#=q4SPYDhidHOPs2MuKRg7oin76UxgeaZloBvdP3xH3u$58zCDaz9T1JGD$YxMuoG94 #=q0aev3bacRTe5mo$7PjchYA==)
   at #=qIBfG5icVYGs6Q5WwBnTqlqygYEsrAqj$suH21kIgW8xmK60nrHFGLWN4dpk6FAwf.#=qX0e2YEVQxNUwlG6UA69RGAQnInLSv135zTRB0vIwcyw=(Int32 #=qvQC8TtbAJOdInybd8KEdHA==, Boolean #=qQMsDwR$LaVwIMMau0_EtJP1JFTGQkmLRfUg8LCqanbA=)
   at #=qIBfG5icVYGs6Q5WwBnTqlqygYEsrAqj$suH21kIgW8xmK60nrHFGLWN4dpk6FAwf.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=qBMD_mlSjLXch_QJQY$SBCA==)
   at #=qCOt$eYkctWHStSxaR$FD6MLjZ$P5TknA6fQbDVaMXi8=.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=qZ_0xMCVI2T7WOKxaJDjGag==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
for that to happen you must have already been viewing the device summary panel for another device?
I will need your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and let me know the device you had selected and the device you selected when the error happene

Barbie-qu

Hi Steven,
I had been looking at device summary/settings pages for other devices that I had not yet connected since updating to v2.5, but when i got the error I had switched back to the correct device.
After restarting MusicBee with the device still attached everything worked ok.
Do you still want me to send you the settings file?

Ellis

Hi Steven,

I had the same error here, this error comes up when I do any action Music, Inbox, any playlist, preview button in the tab of the device, music library on my device, and some settings will not be saved. I tried to delete profile of the device, and connect it again, but I only lost more settings, even the storage path of the device.

and this is my settings file below
http://www.mediafire.com/view/v2181y3klfsl92d/MusicBeeSettings.ini

I switch my device into MSC mode, then synch works fine, only if I try to drag a playlist and put it on the device, this works when I was using version 2.4. I guess this error is caused by the MTP device has two storage, Internal one and SD card.

Thanks!
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:17:23 AM by HYISTAHK

Steven

• Administrator
you have numerous devices configured so which device were you using when it happened and which settings were you changing?

Ellis

I was using the one named "Xperia Z1 Compact" (line 4026 I think), but I see only one device in the menu.

Settings changed and not be saved correctly is artwork storage, it was set to "copy to folder.jpg" before, and become "do not copy artwork" automatically at the time I update musicbee to 2.5, I tried to set it back to folder.jpg but it's locked down, it goes back to "do not copy artwork" every single time I open the settings page, after I delete this configuration and connect my device again, settings of which playlist to sync will always be sync nothing everytime I get back to the page, another problem, the storage path of the device is blanked and left nothing to be chosen, and the path of music files comes like this "usic\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>", the first character disappeared, same to the three path below.

Hope this information helps.

Steven

• Administrator
i think it might already be fixed with the 2.5 patch version - which version are you using?
 Could you try the patch version:

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also you will likely need to re-edit your music root folder and video folder in the settings tab
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:06:16 PM by Steven

Ellis

It was 2.5.5468, I had upgraded it to the patch version 2.5.5483, the storage path is selectable for the first time, then locked to SD card after I chose it, artwork settings has the same problem as I described in the past post, and the page of synchronize keeps coming with that error, details with screenshot are below.

http://i.imgur.com/YIHMcDz.png
?page of sync when the device is connected with MTP, seems to have some problem, every column is blanked, different from the setting profile.

http://i.imgur.com/kUhax95.png
? error window pops up when I click on music library, or any other page.

http://i.imgur.com/lOMgxVZ.png
? after clicking OK, it's back in action.

http://i.imgur.com/jwCg4p6.png
? setting profile of that device, filled but some of it is locked.

http://i.imgur.com/3BuQqAc.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ej0n070.png
I followed Steven's order, try to re-edit the root folder of the device, but the storage path has nothing to choose, and after editing the music folder's path, press save button, error message popped up again.

Steven

• Administrator
try deleting the profile and then set it up again.
When editing the settings and the device is not connected you wont be able to change the root storage folder

Ellis

I tried, still having same problem. I found that if MusicBee runs as Administrator, things get somwhat better but it's not necessary to sync with MTP device without error at version 2.4, error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is not coming up anymore, but the problem of settings not saved correctly left, artwork setting keeps get back to no artwork, root storage switched back to Internal Storage sometimes, and the syncing progress get stuck after 2 songs are transfered, I guess it's because musicbee copy mutilple files at the same time, it gets really slow if I copy another file to my device after the previous copy task is done.

By the way, sync works pretty good if I connect my device with MSC mode, settings is also fine with MSC device, though it is slightly inconvenient for me, ringtones and  alarms sound need to be set up again if the file is stored on SD card after connected to computer as MSC device everytime.
Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:52:37 AM by HYISTAHK

Steven

• Administrator

Ellis

I'm not sure so I tried again and kept the screen on, it still get stuck before 4 songs copied, then I attempt to abort the syncing, but musicbee failed to, after that action musicbee crashes, the only way to stop it is run command line as administrator, use command taskkill -f and wait for a while.
And the phone need to be unlocked while the synchronization is unnecessary for 2.4 too.

New features of sync in 2.5 is much better then before, if I can use it with my MTP device, it will be perfect.

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce this by simulating the device being and the error resulting from that is fixed for the next v2.5 update.
If you still notice the root folder in the drop down is blank you will need to delete the profile again and start again and make sure the device is not locked otherwise MB cant access the storage folders.
You should only need to do that once

Ellis

Thank you Steven! This upgrade solved many problems I had mentioned above, musicbee don't need to run as administrator anymore for settings, settings of device are without problem now, but there is still one problem left, if I press cancel while the syncing progress, musicbee will tell me it failed to stop, please try restart, then crash, and I need to kill the task manually by the command line, also the device will be occupied for a few mins, windows explorer gets stuck if I open it up at the moment.

And there are a couple things I want to inform you but not big problem.

http://i.imgur.com/xAZYRMJ.png

Musicbee stays at that progress for a long time, makes me wondering if it is dead, the first couple times I was lack of patience and decide to abort the synchronization the lead to problem above, but this time I left it while I'm writing this reply, when the first paragraph is almost done, I look back to it and found that it working again, and didn't stop anymore, then I rewrite the first paragraph completely. Just want to tell you it would look like it is stopped at that situation, then works smooth and fine like that never happened before.

Sometimes musicbee failed to sync some files with an error "folder.jpg is being used" , then the report of the sync will be failed, but most files are synced, how would musicbee handle this error? or I just need to sync again? but I only see musicbee syncs the playlists, and the files that encountered error seems to be fine when I checked the loaction where it should be from windows explorer.

Sync is nearly pefect now, I had been a user of musicbee for years, I love musicbee! Really appreciate for that!
Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:05:16 PM by HYISTAHK