Author Topic: mp3tag tags vs musicbee tags  (Read 7431 times)

staggalicous

I have been fixing my tags with a tool called mp3tag for about a month or so now and im "finished" however musicbee does not show the same exact tags as mp3tag does although the majority of the tags are correct to how i changed them.

for example, i have a couple songs where the album art fields do not match up, even though i have tried refreshing the view in mp3tag and creating a new library in musicbee,, and also closing and opening both programs.

I have been editing the tags so that i can use them in both musicbee and upload them to google play music, and mp3tag seemed like the best option.

Does anyone know of what might be causing this problem? Can i change how musicbee reads the tags to look like it does in mp3tag? or if anyone has used mp3tag before can i export the the files for different formats or something to fix it?

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to one or more of the problem files

Zak

• Global Moderator
Also consider that MusicBee won't automatically pick up tag changes made in other programs until you rescan them, as described in this thread:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14637.0

I don't know why the tags wouldn't work in a new library though.
Bee excellent to each other...

staggalicous

Also consider that MusicBee won't automatically pick up tag changes made in other programs until you rescan them, as described in this thread:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14637.0

I don't know why the tags wouldn't work in a new library though.

i've tried that and it doesnt change the tags to how they should be

staggalicous

UPDATE: i re uploaded everything to google music and the changes are correct in google music which tells me it has something to do with musicbee

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee is doing what i would expect it to in this case.
If you look using the Tag Inspector which is opened from the tag editor, it will show that for the mismatches you actually have 2 sets of album artist tags - one "ALBUMARTIST" and the other "ALBUM ARTIST" which are not consistent with their values.
I would say google is only looking for "ALBUMARTIST". Unfortunately there are several variations for Album Artist between the various players and taggers.
You could either edit the file using MB, change something and then save which should remove the duplicate when saving or edit in Mp3Tag via the right click/Extended Properties menu
Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:18:17 AM by Steven

staggalicous

oh ok that makes sense. if i dont reply back for a while you can assume it worked haha. thanks for your help

staggalicous

Ok that worked for everything except these two files. the weird part is that they are showing an album artist however when i go to edit the tags in musicbee the tag editor does not show an album artist. Also if I try to edit it in the library explorer, it just goes back to what it was before when i hit enter. Let me know if you need me to share the files again

Steven

• Administrator
Album Artist shows Artist in the main panel if Album Artist is missing.
Also check the tags using the Tag Inspector.

staggalicous

there is album art for both of them. also worth mentioning it is the same album but two different artists. In the tag inspector there is no tag for album artist for either of these

staggalicous

staggalicous

Album Artist shows Artist in the main panel if Album Artist is missing.
Also check the tags using the Tag Inspector.

I feel dumb after re-reading this lol

callimi

musicbee is doing what i would expect it to in this case.
If you look using the Tag Inspector which is opened from the tag editor, it will show that for the mismatches you actually have 2 sets of album artist tags - one "ALBUMARTIST" and the other "ALBUM ARTIST" which are not consistent with their values.
I would say google is only looking for "ALBUMARTIST". Unfortunately there are several variations for Album Artist between the various players and taggers.
You could either edit the file using MB, change something and then save which should remove the duplicate when saving or edit in Mp3Tag via the right click/Extended Properties menu

also musicbee use DATE and note YEAR as tag

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
also musicbee use DATE and note YEAR as tag

assume that's supposed to be "also musicbee use DATE and not YEAR as tag"

MB uses DATE and YEAR tags with ID3v2.3 as per the ID3 standard
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together