Author Topic: Any way to get album grid view when you click on the artist picture grid?  (Read 5509 times)

Big Mons

I'm certain that my post subject doesn't clearly explain what I'm looking for. I'm sure I don't know the correct terminology as far as MusicBee is concerned, so I've included a screenshot of how my main panel looks and will try to explain how I want it to behave. I'm pretty sure that it's possible since MusicBee is so customizable. I seem to recall that it worked this way initially, but I've tinkered with it so much that I don't know how to get it back, assuming that I am correct of course.

Here is how it looks when I click on an artist. It drops down and opens a 'sub-panel' or sorts where the albums are displayed in a horizontal single row as artwork. I need to scroll to the right to view all of the albums.

What I would like to do is have the sub-panel thing show the albums in a grid view like 6 wide and then do a new row below that one and do 6 more left to right until all of the albums are displayed. I don't want to have them all in one row that I have to scroll horizontally. I'm hoping some MusicBee veteran will likely see this and know immediately what I am talking about and will be able to tell me how to do it. I've looked through the settings and cannot figure it out. I thought it was the checkbox "use Artwork layout to show albums for an artist", but that doesn't appear to make anything look any different. TIA!

Pingaware

I'm afraid I don't think there is any way to do that. To the best of my knowledge, you can only have that single scrollable line.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Big Mons

I appreciate the reply. I don't like that my only option for scrolling the albums is to click on the < and > to scroll. If the album art grid isn't an option, I think it would be a little better if I could somehow have my mouse focus on the horizontal scrollable line of album art so that I can scroll horizontally with the mouse wheel. Perhaps, if that album art panel is opened, your mouse will auto focus on that panel until you close it. Another option might be to have the songs not pop out underneath immediately when I click the album cover. Instead, have the songs pop out if I click and release the mouse button. If I click and hold mouse1 without releasing, I could then slide the albums left or right like a "swipe" with click and hold. One other option might be to add a horizontal scroll bar at the top of the horizontal scrollable line that I can click/hold and then move back and forth side to side.

Don't get me wrong, I really like MusicBee a lot. I really appreciate how much work (the coding) has gone into it largely, if not solely, by one person if I understand correctly. This is one of the best FREE apps that I've ever used. I can't believe that I went so long without discovering it. I'm just offering some suggestions on how to possibly make an excellent app even better.  :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought there was a way to set it so that you could double click an artist photo to see all their albums in Artwork view, but I can only get it to show Album & Tracks.  Was it removed or am I remembering wrong?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

There was a previous discussion about this. Read from this post and add your suggestions to the thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12609.msg79415#msg79415

My personal favorite option would be still this:

Another solution to this would be to add unfold/fold button to the album list and allow it to display entire albums in multiple rows. Then navigating to a specific album won't be a problem as the current main panel scroll bar can be used. This would also make it easy to browse the entire album collection of a selected artist in artwork view.