Author Topic: problem sync problem  (Read 10331 times)

movebetter

MusicBee v2.1.4924.34601 (Win6.1), 15 Dec 2014 15:42:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at PortableDeviceApiLib.IPortableDeviceContent.CreateObjectWithPropertiesOnly(IPortableDeviceValues pValues, String& ppszObjectID)
   at #=qvCXbIxqDptTpGrYh7s1xeeWQnzo$ayq9BZk8VqJdcIM54Pl1__FWdh6WXhW2P9xa.#=q6tIEhjyWd0$8SdD9enf9vQ==(#=qfK4mgvZ$heXbhnw3tA_MKoVY$2MwKE5_t_96$vXx1RSuu0g8HmArXOitv8z6$TZX #=qfLWY4uiAFImyLkqoe_d4tQ==, IList`1 #=qErRph76YmASMWvzKvyiatQ==)
   at #=qfK4mgvZ$heXbhnw3tA_MKoVY$2MwKE5_t_96$vXx1RSuu0g8HmArXOitv8z6$TZX.#=qz83K5kDYKnjYaD2c4RO1Cw==(List`1 #=qezm6d2SD3rjlA9Jm5Hi27g==)
   at #=qfK4mgvZ$heXbhnw3tA_MKoVY$2MwKE5_t_96$vXx1RSuu0g8HmArXOitv8z6$TZX.#=qRWN7Q7qMy7XeyIv57vwr3w==(IList`1 #=qzDMT$9oUZE5I2r3jgYKVyg==)
   at #=qSUCg9hw2wTmJdYuZYTmM5KGQVa8BQy0HLZCie88u$iU=.#=q5yDl3fu1Ehg80ZyKm7$vTCRP$ezqPfraEFY2KiAmqAw=(#=qKgrTK7xGiiM4vbusPi$3yOJFPSSHCsygNhQPagmB760= #=qvG4qz37MU0g8gzdJAc1U3A==, #=qRu0PZuk3pao6gM6l$G3a5hJp4YCSFz24fQf9Cn0f1C8nOuTBH7HPtzIuQbiGhIRm #=q9BVxcKcuaXbhsRKSHG563g==)
   at #=qe9dYDuw0vfamTOgDdrU4AYk0QlcMZ_0Je9yqhhkP4Dk=.#=qo8RqgnAGaAFzKuzF$$Eei95MPH3MoL4VVZplCo8mwhk=(#=qiNrctWg2VZoBitIgEdT_dw== #=qKJOHvGR65B4LCQuRy8SwOw==, Boolean #=qORVrY10lYAKqPHwmj$d4pi$5QloBaY_2$o_hhqD8be8=)
   at #=q7hThvH3wKmNiYgtUcMpVhK1eSxL8Va7fEenQfe8O6Ug=.#=qiNrctWg2VZoBitIgEdT_dw==.#=qoFuIyPpMj5UPXr_eWwDEa5u_kNPrts_J6gJMh0sES1M=()

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Before we can offer any help, you will need to install the latest version of MusicBee.  2.1 is very out of date, so it's possible that the issue has already been fixed.

http://getmusicbee.com/download.html

If that doesn't help, please describe what steps you were taking when you got the error.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

movebetter

that didnt help, i am trying to sinc a plylist to my lg g2, it is a replacement of the same phone that broke. the other phone would sinc ok but this one wont. if i set up a play list on the phone and try to copy the playlisit to the phone playlist file all the songs get copied but at the end of the process this error message comes up and then the playlist is removed from the phone. if i try to create it again from musicbee i get the same message and it wont let me create it.

Steven

• Administrator
can you post the error message from the new version you are using and also a screen shot of the first tab in the device preferences

movebetter

sorry i thought i downloaded the new version but i see it is still the old version. when i try to down load the new version i get a message saying"error opening file for writing"

as fir your other question. the error message is the same as above in my original post and i dont understand what you mean by "first tab in the device preferences

and how would i include a screen shot? i dont see anywhere to add an attachment..

phred

• Global Moderator
sorry i thought i downloaded the new version but i see it is still the old version. when i try to down load the new version i get a message saying"error opening file for writing"
You might need to Run as Administrator to install.

as fir your other question. the error message is the same as above in my original post and i dont understand what you mean by "first tab in the device preferences
The device settings config has just been redesigned.  Now, instead of tabs, there is a list down the left side.  You're looking for Settings.
Edit > Preferences > Devices
Select the device and click Configure, then Settings

and how would i include a screen shot? i dont see anywhere to add an attachment..
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is it giving you that message when you try to download, not when you try to install?  If it's when you go to install, and phred's suggestion doesn't do it, make sure you've closed MusicBee first.  That looks like the kind of message I get when I accidentally forget to close before upgrading.

The redesign that phred refers to requires 2.5, which needs to be installed after you've gotten 2.4 working.  You can find files and instructions here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

movebetter

yes, psychoadept suggestion to close MB worked. thanks!  but still have the problem syncing. i just discovered that i can sync to the "music" file on my device but not to a playlist file. as i said the error above comes up and then the playlist is deleted from the device lg g2.

movebetter

RE: phred: ok, i found the device settings but dont know how to send you a screen shot. can sync to music file but not to playlist file.

phred

• Global Moderator
RE: phred: ok, i found the device settings but dont know how to send you a screen shot. can sync to music file but not to playlist file.
Did you read -all- of my reply?  #5 in this thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
try changing the PLA playlist format to M3U
if you update to v2.5 as per the wiki instructions MB should automatically detect that PLA formatted playlists are not supported

movebetter

wow! that worked, thank you so much.

did you see my question about sharing playlists? no one has responded. i am not sure why.

movebetter

sorry, it didnt work, there was no error message so i assumed it worked but the file is empty and has been removed from the device as before.

movebetter

i tried it again and what happens is all the tracks are copied to the device playlist  and MB says all copied on the bottom but then the playlist disappears from the device, it still shows on the MB menu but is empty, there is now no error message. has everyone given up trying to help on this? also i can copy all the files to the device "music" folder and then from the device create a playlist and copy each track one at a time to the playlist. this is a lot more work then before this problem started.