Author Topic: M3U Playlists .... first track always missing when played on Squeezebox Touch  (Read 5230 times)

Ricky Roma

Firstly, it's great that Logitech Media Server just automatically picks up my musicbee playlists for playback on my Squeezebox Touch.
What a timesaver - no time wasted exporting, simply point LMS at musicbee playlist folder and it gets the m3u's
Everything works perfectly apart from one thing .... the first playlist track is always missing.
For the last couple of years I've always just popped a random track at the beginning of each playlist, but is there a way round this?
Regards
RR

phred

• Global Moderator
Changing the playlist export to .PLS did the trick for me.
Take a look at this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14399.msg86009#msg86009
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Ricky Roma

Hi, thanks for reply.
Does that mean for every individual playlist I need to go to List > Export as External Playlist ? Or is there someway it can do this automatically when I make changes to a playlist within MB.
Thanks
RR

phred

• Global Moderator
Edit > Preferences > Library > Playlists
You can set the location and format for library playlists and exported playlists and that remains the default.
My exported playlists go to _Squeezebox_Playlists\ as PLS.  I also have 'relative file paths' checked.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Ricky Roma

I have the settings in there, I was just wondering if there was a way to automatically batch export the playlists instead of doing them one at a time.
Thanks

edit- Ah, I see there's an option "automatically export static copy" on my Auto-playlists. The majority of my playlists are static m3u format tho so I don't see any option from their submenu unfortunately
Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:11:17 PM by Ricky Roma

Pingaware

Also, see this thread - it's a bug with the Squeezebox software if it claims it can read UTF8 files. Try changing it to ASCII in preferences.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, see this thread - it's a bug with the Squeezebox software if it claims it can read UTF8 files. Try changing it to ASCII in preferences.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, PLS works with Squeezebox.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, PLS works with Squeezebox.

I know phred, but it explains what the root cause is, which could be interesting/useful.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Ricky Roma

Thanks guys  8)
I see exporting to m3u(#ext) also restores the missing first track.
Hmm.. i've got 80 or so playlists I've got to remove the first dummy track from now LOL  :-[
On the other hand, I like the way LMS just picks up my current MB playlists without having to export to a different format. Shame I can't just create playlists as m3u(#ext) or PLS instead of just m3u in MB

Steven

• Administrator
Shame I can't just create playlists as m3u(#ext) or PLS instead of just m3u in MB
its in Preferences/ Library/ playlists export format

Ricky Roma

Steven, that's the format for the exported playlists only tho?
That's fine if I right click on one of my playlists and export to the format of my choice. But what happens if I make changes to the original playlist? Do I have to right click and export it again every time a change is made or is the exported playlist automatically updated to be kept in sync with the original. That would be pretty cool if it does it behind the scenes

Steven

• Administrator
if you have "automatically export a static copy" enabled in a playlist then it will be automatically exported

Ricky Roma

Perfect  ;D
I didn't realise it updated the exported playlists on-the-fly.

I've been using MusicBee for organizing my music for the last few years (since Mediamonkey became too bloated) and it's just great.
Steven, it's taken me far too long to make a donation, so I've finally done one tonight to say thanks for your efforts.