Author Topic: ratings not updated through network  (Read 3427 times)

RealPetChicken

i have my musicbee folder in my mediacenter computer, i have it setup so it find my music through the network rather than locally. and i have another computer which is getting the music bee settings and music from my mediacenter pc through a network, everything works great other than when rating a file in either computer will not update unless i do edit, than it pops up the rating.

Anything i can do about this? it is rather annoying. Thanks.

redwing

Try ticking "Store ratings in the music file" option under Preferences> Tags (1) to see if that makes a difference.

RealPetChicken

I will try that, thanks.

Apparently, i already had it like that store ratings in the music file. Usually, if i am on PC one, i will rate some songs, on my other computer which is connected to PC One through a network, in won't update the rating until i click on edit through usicbee, then the track gets updated with the correct rating.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Apparently, i already had it like that store ratings in the music file. Usually, if i am on PC one, i will rate some songs, on my other computer which is connected to PC One through a network, in won't update the rating until i click on edit through usicbee, then the track gets updated with the correct rating.
In theory you shouldn't have to do that if both PCs are using the same MusicBee library. Dunno. Regardless, Right-click >  Send To > Rescan File should also work. This is a bit easier than Edit > Save > Close Editor, and can be assigned to a toolbar button or shortcut key.
Bee excellent to each other...

RealPetChicken

In theory you shouldn't have to do that if both PCs are using the same MusicBee library. Dunno. Regardless, Right-click >  Send To > Rescan File should also work. This is a bit easier than Edit > Save > Close Editor, and can be assigned to a toolbar button or shortcut key.

I will try that, thanks. Will report with the results when i can.