Author Topic: Do you find rating useful?  (Read 3158 times)

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
I've always neglected rating the tracks and albums with stars. Do you do it? Why?

Are there some useful tricks that can be done with rating?

Does rating individual tracks in an album rate the whole album with an average rate of the tracks?

What are some useful search filters for highly (or low) rated tracks?

Pingaware

I use mine to distinguish between tracks I'd listen to, tracks my family would listen to, and tracks that I own but that no family member would listen to.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
@Moshi_, this sort of question has come up before and you will probably find quite useful opinions from googling the forum

holuschi

I rate albums to use the rating for my filter "Album Rating > 80". So I show my "Top rated  albums" with more than 4 stars.
Sometimes I rate tracks that I particularly like to show them in a my Auto Playlist "Top Rated Titles": "Rating is greater than ****"
Ever increasingly  I do not like the whole album but 1 or 2 tracks of it, I can find them rated in my playlist "Top Rated Titles". It it useful because the album does not appear in my filter "Top albums".

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
I rate albums to use the rating for my filter "Album Rating > 80". So I show my "Top rated  albums" with more than 4 stars.

Do you have an auto playlist for that as well or how exactly do you filter that?

Ever increasingly  I do not like the whole album but 1 or 2 tracks of it, I can find them rated in my playlist "Top Rated Titles". It it useful because the album does not appear in my filter "Top albums".

Do you keep the whole album even if you like just 1 or 2 songs from it? Why not delete the rest?

@Moshi_, this sort of question has come up before and you will probably find quite useful opinions from googling the forum

I did google some now. Got useful results. Thanks for the tip.