Author Topic: New phone, sync problems  (Read 7082 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have a new phone, and unlike my old one it has to be connected as an MTP device (well, I'm working on setting up wi-fi sync but it's not ready yet).  Speed-wise it seems to be fine, and almost all of over 6000 tracks have synced fine, but for some reason my Sufjan Stevens tracks don't want to sync.  I mean none of them.  The folder hasn't even been created.

My first thought was that there must be a problem with the files, which could still be the case, but I tried replacing one of the albums with FLAC, then having MB convert it to MP3, and it still doesn't want to go.  This is the error I'm getting on them.  Any idea what's going on?

11/21/2014 7:09:43 AM - Copy C:\Users\HP\MusicBee\Music\S\Sufjan Stevens\2000 - A Sun Came!\01 We Are What You Say.mp3 to Scamp-phone\Internal storage\MusicBee\Music\S\Sufjan Stevens\2000 - A Sun Came!\01 We Are What You Say.mp3
11/21/2014 7:09:43 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5437.35461 - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at PortableDeviceApiLib.IPortableDeviceContent.CreateObjectWithPropertiesOnly(IPortableDeviceValues pValues, String& ppszObjectID)
   at #=qJRpXqUWCCKRyVH5iViO$qHkhw_2JbkPK$Js4pDgn8zsM9GPzuZKPZBkkD4P3$l7S.#=qoV$SP4E_9p_Tcjp9dqvOlgRL6fWIvvNxqY6rwBqdpkQ=(#=q8EHs4NjmCcGda9VX5MmRzmbsQ9LRjq8QdvCsN8TmgLg= #=q3rzRumvgsQZCQrNnoBOeMA==)
   at #=qJRpXqUWCCKRyVH5iViO$qHkhw_2JbkPK$Js4pDgn8zsM9GPzuZKPZBkkD4P3$l7S.#=qmy0yuOUbs5XPjGCe6vu7YQ==(#=q8EHs4NjmCcGda9VX5MmRzmbsQ9LRjq8QdvCsN8TmgLg= #=qSqJogPz8LqoKrimTD0jBPw==)
   at #=q$OEcSXwnz012YBBnbi64plodJSQgOhLBxWw1K8f5fJ4KNCuTVeZxD$APxgjzBEtt.#=q62OE$jjPtYAO2IYi48TvnQ==(#=q8EHs4NjmCcGda9VX5MmRzmbsQ9LRjq8QdvCsN8TmgLg= #=qQqs486Qs5$xOUnfA85iJog==)
   at #=q5drgaBdljVB11Yq2VvFr2stZoBt20_8qOMRsjlJhQ8M=.#=qoYzfOeUTzrSH$Xysg4cNNEuAcJ0s4f$p8U2tYp_g2oo=(#=qg6Es8xHAQA_tGs2QsNASSa6BdvBh1kXmlRotzzv98e80axuuXOWMm4vjl0OrKGoG #=qyyMM$JFid707U6fssjKFEg==, #=qCfbclt3XM1FetCh3MgiR5S4Fkvc9_WwJYDZZGfNtSPo= #=qGmZSrlhGwIIt31Mv6su0Ew==, Boolean #=qDYH1IXLbDwKhKNePcyslEA==, Dictionary`2 #=qzD1iUb3E5OT6hHTM1ZVOq6RVzeGa$cfmk6sLhsKlltQ=, Object #=qW9MmZUHo0jpC6Jkw7BDW8lP8D2277L3uPpLfjeZBmbg=)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
could you PM me a link to one of the problem files
and what is the template you are using for the music folders?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
could you PM me a link to one of the problem files
and what is the template you are using for the music folders?

Done!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
the only unusual thing is the extremely long track title but that shouldnt be a factor in this error. Could you run this version which will provide a bit more info:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you want the whole error log from the sync?  About 300 lines, and I ended up restarting MB because the "in process" icon in the status bar wouldn't go away.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
you are getting a new set of strange errors but for the same folder. There is nothing wrong with the naming that is being used and most of the errors relate to reading the name of files in that folder. However without being able to do that MB cant function for synching to that folder.
My only suggestion is to reformat the device if that is an option for you and try again. Otherwise you might need to try with another app such as MediaMonkey.
I dont know if its just a co-incidence but many of the source files in that folder have extremely long titles. In the one you sent i can see you are using Sort Title and that title was much shorter but perhaps its not the case for some of the other files and one of them is causing some sort of corruption on the device because it cant handle the long title correctly

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I dont know if its just a co-incidence but many of the source files in that folder have extremely long titles. In the one you sent i can see you are using Sort Title and that title was much shorter but perhaps its not the case for some of the other files and one of them is causing some sort of corruption on the device because it cant handle the long title correctly

Yeah, that's the one thing that might be unique about Sufjan Stevens.  I'll experiment with shortening them.  Thanks for looking into it.

Update: I'm beginning to think this is more of a Windows problem than a MB problem.  Despite continued errors, the files have synced now.  Likewise some of my playlists.  That one file, "The Black Hawk War", consistently shows up as "local drive" in Windows Explorer, even though it looks and plays fine on the phone.  This is true even after the name has been shortened.  In fact, there were three copies with three different names, and none of them appeared correctly in Windows Explorer.  *shrug*
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:31:18 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)