Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302011 times)

pinbfv

hi,
i have a source called "UX1 Advance Paris" (https://advance-acoustic.com/en/high-end/multimedia-player/145-ux1-black)
which supports up to 768kHz PCM and 11.2MHz DSD (Direct Stream Digital).
In MusicBee, I need to have upnp plugin to discover device SMART_UX1

My problem is : when i play DSD128 or DSD256, in upnp plugin if i choose output PCM 24bits format DSD plays only 5 seconds. If i choose output PCM 16bits format, file is read but sound is ugly.

Do you have a better plugin or i good method to play DSD files ?
(also, no problem to read flac in 24bits).

MB 3.5.8150, OS: Win10 Pro 64bits 32GoRAM
Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:30:38 PM by pinbfv

phred

• Global Moderator
I have no answer for the issue you're experiencing, but I want to point out a couple of things about the UPnP/DLNA plugin...

1- it is no longer being developed or supported.

2- it is known to cause massive memory leaks for many (but not all) users even if is only installed and disabled. Leaks to the point of crashing Windows with a total lock-up or blue screen. Use it at your own risk.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pinbfv

I have no answer for the issue you're experiencing, but I want to point out a couple of things about the UPnP/DLNA plugin...

1- it is no longer being developed or supported.

2- it is known to cause massive memory leaks for many (but not all) users even if is only installed and disabled. Leaks to the point of crashing Windows with a total lock-up or blue screen. Use it at your own risk.

a) But, my device works primary in Upnp/DLNA ! i need this feature to play audio in my device.
b) i have no crash with this plugin for the moment

For me, MusicBee is the best software (works very well, does not consume a lot of resources).
I hope a new supported plugin soon...

phred

• Global Moderator
b) i have no crash with this plugin for the moment
That's fortunate. But keep an eye of RAM usage as it may change with time.

I hope a new supported plugin soon...
That's probably not going to happen as Steven (the developer of this plugin and MB) offered up the code to anyone who wanted to take over and improve the plugin and there were no takers. This was more than two years ago.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

jean.valjean

Bonjour,

Quelle est la version de UPNP dans le plugin ?
Marantz ayant mis à jour son firmware, Musicbee ne fonctionne dé sormais plus qu'en flux continu.

Merci

Traduit avec QTranslate

Hello,

What is the version of UPNP in the plugin?
Marantz having updated its firmware, Musicbee now only works in continuous stream.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
Marantz having updated its firmware, Musicbee now only works in continuous stream.
I am no longer maintaining this plugin, so unless someone else picks it up, whatever the issue is wont be addressed

jean.valjean

Bonjour Steven,

J'avais bien compris pour la mise à jour du plugin mais j'aurai aimer connaitre la version UPNP du plugin, 1.0; 2.0 ?
J'ai demandé au technicien Marantz s'il avait modifié la partie UPNP de leur firmware et s'il avait changé de version.

Merci pour ton travail.
Bonne journée.

Hello Steven,

I had understood for the update of the plugin but I would have liked to know the UPNP version of the plugin, 1.0; 2.0?
I asked the Marantz technician if he had modified the UPNP part of their firmware and if he had changed the version.

Thank you for your work.
Have a good day.

TFTDguru

• Technologist. Vinyl lover. Ordained Dudeist.
I, too, am interested in adding Podcasts to the UPNP/DLNA. It is a small but important segment of my library that I wish was available. MusicBee has them, but not the plug-in.
TFTDguru abides  8)
"Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

phred

• Global Moderator
I, too, am interested in adding Podcasts to the UPNP/DLNA. It is a small but important segment of my library that I wish was available. MusicBee has them, but not the plug-in.

I am no longer maintaining this plugin, so unless someone else picks it up, whatever the issue is wont be addressed

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

GoodMorning

I just created a fork of this plugin that adds support for browsing downloaded podcasts in your MusicBee library. This was my first time messing around with Visual Basic so my code is kinda sloppy, but it works. I decided to somewhat uncreatively name my fork UpnpReloaded.

The plugin can be downloaded here: https://github.com/EliSadaka/UpnpReloaded/releases

Note that it only supports MusicBee 3.1 and later.

I don't see myself adding any more features since podcast support was really the last thing I needed, but the source code is available for anyone else to improve upon further. Depending on how easy it seems I might add support for browsing non-downloaded podcasts, but no promises.

taravasya

I don't see myself adding any more features since podcast support
Hi! Thanks for sharing this! Can you please made one more feature? I cant do this with my self. I need too have a folders like browsing. Some of albums in my collections dont have a tags, so they dont appear in remote browsing with dlna clients (because this albums dont have any tags "Artist", "Album" etc).
Thanks!

boroda

you can auto-fill missing tags from folder structure: tools> tagging tools> auto-tag by track> infer and update tags from filename.

taravasya

Thanks! I know about this, but sometimes I need to have exactly folders structure. As example, then my friend came with his hdd with music collection, i can add this hdd to library, and navigate to folders structure only with his collection. Some others DLNA servers have folders struture as node in DLNA library and sometimes this is very convenient.

MWJK

I am trying to play MusicBee on a Yamaha 1020 AV receiver.  If I use a portable installation of MB, 3.3.7367 P and get a message that the receiver is not ready for output.  However, on a installation of 3.5.8447 it plays fine.  Is this an issue of a portable install vs. device install or the version of the software?  Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you using MB's DLNA/UPNP plugin? If so, please post your issue on the plugin's thread.

Technically the Portable and the Installer issues have the exact same functionality. But since you're using a Portable version that's more than three years old, there may have been updates in newer versions that related to DLNA. So I strongly suggest you update the Portable version to the most recent version.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki