Author Topic: How to sync playlists to local storage?  (Read 2406 times)

adn

I've had an issue I've tried to address for a while now but I can't get it to work. What I want to do is pretty simple, sync some playlists to my OneDrive folder so that it is synced and accessible from my other devices.

I've set the C: drive as a virtual device in MusicBee and tried synchronizing, but the only thing that syncs is the actual .m3u playlist files, not the songs themselves. If I check the "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks" option it suddenly works, with the big letdown of duplicating tracks in several playlists and not ordering the songs like I want.

Why does the sync only work with that option checked? I've tried playing with the other options but nothing does it, without that option checked the sync always says "synchronization completed successfully" while only syncing the playlist files.

Here is an image of the current settings and paths:

Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:22:40 PM by adn

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This will work better if you set up a virtual drive in Windows instead of using C:.   I used these instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5291/how-to-create-a-virtual-hard-drive-in-windows-7/
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

adn

I just tested it and it indeed works, the big issue is that since the .vhd is an image any change to a single song triggers the re-upload of the entire vhd.

Thank you for trying to find a solution though!
Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:15:30 AM by adn