Author Topic: windows background pics in theatermode  (Read 7158 times)

a-nice

Hi guys,

Did a few searches but haven't found what I'm looking for so if this has been asked before please remove the topic (and notify me before deleting  :D).

My windows desktop runs with different images of a predefined set of pics on a completely clear desktop (so you can say it is just a huge digital picture frame when not using the compie (even more since my tv is my monitor) - anyway it rotates every few minutes to another background).

When listening music I usually switch to the default theatermode (in which I replaced the default pic with one of the images of the selection I'm rotating on the desktop). I really like the options of seeing the lyrics - when available - and the next three songs on the right side of the screen. Further, I listen to a lot of metal so not really interested in seeing lots of pics of bearded beerbelly tattooed guys hanging around nor am I very interested in the artwork or other stuff. So just plain simple lyrics where available and the next three songs in line. Default mode does this job just fine.

I would love to have a skin that rotates the images shown at the desktop - or create a transparent window in which (that part of) the desktop is shown in a further as-default-as-possible-mode.

If there is already a skin out there that does the trick I would like to know where to look, if not I would appreciate any help in creating such a skin.

Thanks in advance and if the description above raises questions please let me know so I can explain further what I'm searching for.
Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:24:33 PM by a-nice

holuschi

To rotate your images with theater mode you can copy all the images you want to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.Rotation and select Default as theater mode.

Or you can make a copy of Landscapes.xml (in the TheaterMode.List folder) and rename it e.g to test. Now you have to put all your images to a folder called test.rotation in C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\ and then you select your new test theater mode.

a-nice

Great, was exactly what I was looking for and it works fine!

westernpunk

To rotate your images with theater mode you can copy all the images you want to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.Rotation and select Default as theater mode.

Or you can make a copy of Landscapes.xml (in the TheaterMode.List folder) and rename it e.g to test. Now you have to put all your images to a folder called test.rotation in C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\ and then you select your new test theater mode.

hi long time user (wouldnt use anything else) fifst time poster
i too would like to achieve the same  problem is i dont see a theatre view called default, or a default xml
secondly tried the second option, and im still getting the landscapes, maybe im missing something, any help much appreciated.

im using the portable version, dont know if that matters

[EDITED BY MODERATOR to separate current text from quote]
Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 01:11:55 PM by phred
singing good songs

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hi, welcome to the forum westernpunk.

What's described on the post you quoted is a guide on how to get your local images displayed on a theater mode (TM).

Such images should be located in the TM's .Rotation folder.
E.g if we had a TM called ActionMovies.xml,
then all the relevant images we'd wanna see would have to be placed in ...\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\ActionMovies.Rotation in order for MB to pick them up.

Is that what you are aiming to achieve?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

westernpunk

Hi, welcome to the forum westernpunk.

What's described on the post you quoted is a guide on how to get your local images displayed on a theater mode (TM).

Such images should be located in the TM's .Rotation folder.
E.g if we had a TM called ActionMovies.xml,
then all the relevant images we'd wanna see would have to be placed in ...\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\ActionMovies.Rotation in order for MB to pick them up.

Is that what you are aiming to achieve?
Hi thanks  maybongwe yes that's what I'm hoping to achieve, what I did was copied landscape xml renamed it test.xml and also placed a folder named test.rotation, in the same place in  theatre mode list.
And then select test from the theatre mode list but it's only showing the landscape images.
Not  Sure but  do you need to change, something within the xml or should it be named with the first letter as a capital or does the folder name not need the dot, by the way where are the landscape images stored, or are they searched online.
A big thank you for trying to help
singing good songs

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
There's a gallery element in the Landscapes TM displaying over your local images.
Open the test.xml file and remove that gallery element.
Then perhaps set the rotationPeriod to something like 30 as well.

Edit: would appreciate a mod also moving this discussion away from the add-ons board to the developers area equivalent.

Edit 2: The landscape images are retrieved online by way of the gallery element within the xml.
Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:37:52 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

westernpunk

There's a gallery element in the Landscapes TM displaying over your local images.
Open the test.xml file and remove that gallery element.
Then perhaps set the rotationPeriod to something like 30 as well.

Edit: would appreciate a mod also moving this discussion away from the add-ons board to the developers area equivalent.

Edit 2: The landscape images are retrieved online by way of the gallery element within the xml.

thankyou Mayibongwe that did it, youre a star

thanks again
singing good songs