This plugin adds support for Xbox Music to MusicBee. Its mostly focused on the perspective of someone with a local collection who wants to use tools to help discover new music.
Its not intended as a replacement for the Xbox Music Web Player, although i can see reasons why you may want to use MusicBee to play tracks directly from your Xbox Account and I may yet do this. The main reasons for not doing this so far is the API and the rules around using the API dont enable me to implement this in a way thats consistent with the rest of the MusicBee UI. I would pretty much be limited to replicating the same UI as the Xbox Music Web Player.
The main features to date are:
- playback of tracks from the Xbox Music catalog - full stream (AAC 160k quality) with an Xbox Music pass, otherwise 30 second preview of tracks (MP3, 128k)
- Music Explorer which provides searching and filtering to explore artists and tracks, including integration with last.fm and also echonest for track filtering
- Radio Streaming which offers tag based radio streams. Create the station in the Radio node from the Station Directory panel
- enhanced Auto DJ so you can include tracks from a tag based radio stream or a similar artist stream into the play mix
- export playlists (static or auto-playlists) to your Xbox Music account eg. create an auto-playlist based on local files and export the resulting playlist (right click on the playlist in the left navigator/ Send to Xbox Music). MusicBee attempts to lookup the track in the Xbox Music catalog but may not always be able to find a match
I am willing to spend more time improving and enhancing the functionality but will only do so based on feedback
You need MusicBee v2.4 installed, then unzip and replace the existing files with the following:http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip