This plugin adds support for Xbox Music to MusicBee. Its mostly focused on the perspective of someone with a local collection who wants to use tools to help discover new music.
Its not intended as a replacement for the Xbox Music Web Player, although i can see reasons why you may want to use MusicBee to play tracks directly from your Xbox Account and I may yet do this. The main reasons for not doing this so far is the API and the rules around using the API dont enable me to implement this in a way thats consistent with the rest of the MusicBee UI. I would pretty much be limited to replicating the same UI as the Xbox Music Web Player.
The main features to date are:
- playback of tracks from the Xbox Music catalog - full stream (AAC 160k quality) with an Xbox Music pass, otherwise 30 second preview of tracks (MP3, 128k)
- Music Explorer which provides searching and filtering to explore artists and tracks, including integration with last.fm and also echonest for track filtering
- Radio Streaming which offers tag based radio streams. Create the station in the Radio node from the Station Directory panel
- enhanced Auto DJ so you can include tracks from a tag based radio stream or a similar artist stream into the play mix
- export playlists (static or auto-playlists) to your Xbox Music account eg. create an auto-playlist based on local files and export the resulting playlist (right click on the playlist in the left navigator/ Send to Xbox Music). MusicBee attempts to lookup the track in the Xbox Music catalog but may not always be able to find a match
X-Box Music has been closed by Microsoft