Author Topic: Cannot open Computer node in Left Sidebar  (Read 4060 times)

holuschi

If I click on Computer node in Left Sidebar nothing happens. It works on my Win7 Notebook but not on my Win8 Tab.
Do you have an idea why?

Maybe the computer node cannot be clicked open because the Window 8 Tablet PC has no CD drive? It is not possible to get to "Manage Folders" Context Menue.
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:08:56 PM by holuschi

holuschi

I found a solution: I edited MusicBeeSettings.ini and corrected <NavigatorFilteredFolders> string. There was a wrong entry of a path not existing any more.

Now I can see  Manage Folders menu again, and filter folders as I want. I think this was blocked from the wrong entry.

Steven

• Administrator
thats strange as MB should be able to handle folders that dont exist any more and trying myself now its fine. So did you have filtered folders enabled and was it just a folder not existing or a drive that no longer exists?
If it was a network share then windows itself can take quite some time to report back that it cant find the path

gsax

thank you so much, dear holuschi! had the same problem (see my post).
the reason was: i did set a filter on a certain folder (show ONLY (!) folder ABC). later i deleted the folder ABC.
musicbee couldn't find the folder ABC anymore AND the filtersetting gave permission to show ONLY folder ABC.
steven, is there a workaround for this problem? perhaps: "let the filtersettings change ALLTHETIME?"

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i understand the isssue now. I will make a change so you can right click on the "Computer" section header

holuschi

Problem was as gdax has described. Show fildered folders only did not work any more when folder was deleted. Right click on computer node would help, thanks in advance  Steven.