Author Topic: MusicBee won't add an album  (Read 5458 times)

gnewman

Since switching over to MusicBee from iTunes I decided to try and rip a CD (to MP3) and then add the album to MucsicBee (via File>Rescan/Add Files). Weird thing is I ripped the CD and rescanned to have the album added but it refuses to add the album to MusicBee. I then decided to try and rip it with iTunes. When I then tried to add the album to MusicBee it worked but only added the first track and not all 8 (iTunes added them all just fine, though it does that automatically when ripping) ???

The odd thing is I previously purchased a load of albums on-line via Bandcamp and added them to MusicBee without any problem, along with all 87+ GB of personally ripped CDs and digitally purchased albums when I originally switched from iTunes to MusicBee.

Am I perhaps missing something?

Thanks

PS: Is it possible to have ripped CDs automatically added to MusicBee as done in iTunes and not have to be done manually?
Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:05:49 AM by gnewman

gnewman

Okay, figured it out. I think I know what happened... it's a bit long winded unfortunately:

After I originally ripped the album I wanted to compare the file sizes between the versions ripped with MusicBee and a version ripped with iTunes. So, I renamed the MusicBee album in the artist folder by adding and underscore to the end (I don't think I had added the album to MusicBee yet at this stage) and then ripped one track in iTunes to compare file size in Windows Explorer. Anyway I deleted the iTunes one and removed the underscore from the MusicBee folder and re-ripped the album again in MusicBee. I then tried to add it with no luck as mentioned above. This morning I decided to try and add the underscore back into the album name just for the hell of it and it worked, adding all 8 tracks, when re-adding to MusicBee. I removed the underscore and same nonsense as mentioned in my post above :P

So to solve this stupidity, I then deleted my MusicBee library and re-added everything and it worked! So somewhere along the line MusicBee didn't like me renaming stuff outside even though the album hadn't been added yet.... not sure if it was picking up iTunes' library of something and there was a conflict?

Pingaware

Where were you ripping the CD from? If it was from within MB, did you check your inbox?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

gnewman

Yup within MusicBee. Wasn't sure what the "inbox" was for? Thought it had something to do with e-mail :P

Pingaware

The inbox is described here. Basically, it's where files that you're not ready to add to the main library go, so that they're still within the database, but don't get added to auto-playlists and other stuff. As far as I'm aware, the default action after ripping tracks is to add them to the inbox, so next time you rip a CD, try looking there. To move songs from the inbox to the library, right click on them and click Send To>Library.

gnewman

Thanks for that! I'll be sure to give that a go later today when I rip a few ore CDs.

gnewman

Pingaware

Glad I could help.