Author Topic: each tab to have its own sort by / group by setting  (Read 2210 times)

philvz

Just an idea : If the settings found in the header bar affected only the current tab and each tab had had its own sort by / group by setting, you could for example open a permanent tab with albums sorted by album artist/year and another with albums sorted by date added desc (which would be the 2 permanent tabs I'd keep instead of selecting another setting every time i want another sort order).

Currently you can sort of do it but each time you refresh the view, the latest setting defined to any other tab is applied to the tab being refreshed.

No idea how much work I'm asking for here but that would definitely improve the current tabbed navigation features by a pretty big margin. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only current benefit of multiple tabs is to keep individual search results (or maybe display different libraries but I never do that).

The configure layout menu settings would probably also benefit from the same treatment though I have the idea that would probably be a lot more work.

Feel free to ignore me if I'm being an idiot for wathever reason and thanks for MusicBee, you're awesome.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried using saved custom views for this purpose?  Of course, those would probably change across all tabs, too.  But could make switching layouts easier.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

philvz

I've been using custom views since day one yup. Just thought permanent tabs with different views would be even better. Maybe that's just me being lazy though.