Author Topic: Switch focus from left panel to a tab without mouse  (Read 2742 times)

Pat

here's what I an trying to to with MusicBee version 2.3:
1) The focus in on the left panel
2) In the left panel, using UP and DOWN arrow, I navigate to select a node (e.g. "Playlist \ Recently added").
3) When you navigate to a node, the corresponding albums show up in a tab.
4) I would now like to switch focus to the first album in that tab without using the mouse.
5) If the focus is on the tab, using UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT you can then navigate to the appropriate album to start it playing using ALT+ENTER (or assigned hotkey)

Is there a way to switch focus from left panel node to an album in the corresponding tab (without mouse click)?
And switch focus back from a tab to the left panel?

redwing

Is there a way to switch focus from left panel node to an album in the corresponding tab (without mouse click)?
And switch focus back from a tab to the left panel?

Pressing tab key does that for me except the following.

- Can't navigate to individual library filter node in left navigator.
- Radio node requires pressing tab key twice to switch focus between main panel and left navigator.
- Switching focus doesn't work in Artwork view with whatever setup. But in the other two views, it's working fine.

Pat

- Switching focus doesn't work in Artwork view with whatever setup. But in the other two views, it's working fine.

Ah, that's why I couldn't get it to work. I do have artwork view.

Pat

Just thought of a workaround.
If you assign two hotkeys to 'View: Panel layout: Track details' and 'View: Panel layout: Artwork'.
Then you could navigate in the left panel to the appropriate node, switch to Track Details view (with hotkey) which allows TAB to switch focus to it. Once the focus is on the songs. then switch to Artwork view (with hotkey).

redwing

Just thought of a workaround.
If you assign two hotkeys to 'View: Panel layout: Track details' and 'View: Panel layout: Artwork'.
Then you could navigate in the left panel to the appropriate node, switch to Track Details view (with hotkey) which allows TAB to switch focus to it. Once the focus is on the songs. then switch to Artwork view (with hotkey).

Good find! Looks like you can use any hotkey for the three views to move focus to the main panel in your preferred layout, and press tab key twice to return focus to left navigator.