Author Topic: How to make the Now Playing Playlist search like Now Playing Assistant search?  (Read 5455 times)

Cypher

As the title suggests. Is there a way to make the quicksearch bar in the "Now Playing" playlist work like the search function in the "Now Playing Assistant" function? I don't like the first result way which limits searching some songs for me.

Musicbee version: 2.4.5342
Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:39:05 PM by Melvinkooi

redwing

I don't see much differences between the two other than now playing search jumps to each result while assistant search filters to the search result. Anyway you can always launch the assistant using a hotkey (alt-J).

Cypher

Well, MusicBee doesn't jump results for me. It just selects the first result and that's it.

redwing

You don't see "Next" button in the search box? If you click on it, the selected track jumps to the next item among the search result.

redwing

Cypher

What version of MB are you running? And what skin are you using now?
2.4.5342 (2.4 RC3) with windows skin.

This is the searchbar I'm talking about.

I would like to see a full screenshot of which one you refer to.

redwing

I see, you're talking about the main search box with now playing node selected. What I meant was now playing list search box that pops up on the top of the list when you start typing anything over the list when it's docked in either sidebar.
BTW I just noticed, with windows theme skin , "next" on the button is almost illegible. Try with another skin.  

Anti

I wondered myself why searching the playlist acts differently from searching the library or now playing assistant.
I guess it's just supposed to be a quick and dirty cut-down version of the main search.

When searching with the now playing node loaded into the main panel, I'm pretty sure in older versions, you used to be able to press F3 to cycle through the matches. Now it seems to be broken, so that you can only jump to the first occurrence, rendering the search almost useless. There is no 'next' button like when searching the now playing panel (use alt-F to display the searchbox at the top of the panel).

I would suggest posting a bug report raising the issue that there is no way to cycle through the matches when searching the now playing node in the main panel. I wouldn't mind F3 working with the now playing sidebar panel too, rather than having to click the little 'next' button.