Author Topic: Help regarding the year tag dispaly format  (Read 2400 times)

marlonob

Suddenly, MB (2.3.5133, portable) has begun to format the year tag in my mp3 files. Whereas before it was yyyy-mm-dd; now it is dd/mm/yyyy.
I haven’t done any change to MB, but I just update my OS from win7 to win8.1, so I’m guessing it has to do with it.
My FLAC and m4a files, however, still show the date as usual (all my mp3 tags are in ID3v2.4). All the files newly added has this new format, while those already in library had to be re-scanned to display it.

This breaks my configuration because I have a virtual <earliest date> tag that compares <original year> to <year> in order to get the earliest release event, that tag helps me deal with re-issues, foreign releases, special editions released after the original, etc. and I use it for all my chronological sortings, but now it’s broken for those files with that new year format.
Is there a way to tell MB to keep using the old, more convenient (IMHO) format? And if not, is there a way to implement it?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
the date format is determined from the regional date format settings in the windows control panel

marlonob

Ok.
I did some wiki research and using the function $Date I’m now able to make the thinks work the way I want again. Thank for the great sotware Steven.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you found the $Date function!  That was going to be my suggestion.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)