Author Topic: High CPU usage, even when doing nothing  (Read 18847 times)

Hiatus

This is a great music player, however the latest versions all have this issue:
Playing music normally, mp3 or flac, only eq is enabled, or not playing music at all - makes my cpu run constantly at around 20% (4 core i7, win 8.1).
I have tried play around with settings, restarting etc, but the issue still remains.

Update: This issue was with the release canditate versions, now I completly uninstalled Musicbee and installed the 2.3 and it seems to be OK. So the issue is with the 2.4.
Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:07:41 AM by Hiatus

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to your settings file:
help/ support/ view settings

Steven

• Administrator
it would still be good to get your settings file or at least if you could confirm you have the auto-dj active and configured to stream tracks from last.fm.
If that is the case then i can see a case where MB will do an endless loop consuming a CPU

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing files

fkm

Hi Steven,

Had the CPU problem a few months back. Tried all suggestions and in the end, the only solution was to reinstall Windows. I was previously using Windows 7 and upgraded to 8.1 a month ago. Musicbee was working fine but just noticed that this CPU issue has come back.

I've tried a restore point thinking perhaps it was something installed or changed but this has made no difference. All plugins are uninstalled, have reinstalled .NET framework, applied the Musicbee patch, uninstalled the app and reinstalled the portable version, makes no difference.

I'm at a complete loss as to why this is happening, though seems I'm not the only one from some of the previous threads on this issue. Any idea of what might be going on?!

Thx
Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:31:41 PM by fkm

Steven

• Administrator

fkm

Same problem with 2.4.5404

Where can I download 2.5 to see if that helps?

Thx

Steven

• Administrator
the other reported issues relate to having locked MTP devices docked while running MB.
If thats not what is happening for you then i wont be able to help any further

fkm

First time I heard that......and it solved the CPU problem!

Steven

• Administrator
i doubt you are using v2.4.5404 if you were still having the problem

fkm

Was using latest version 2.4.5404 which was giving the CPU issue until I disconnected my ipod.

Would anything carry over from an older database that might cause the problem?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The latest version is actually here: http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip.

Unzip and overwrite the existing files in you MB Program Files folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

HartOz

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm seeing CPU usage as high as 100% and rarely lower than 70% as well as window freezes and "Application has stopped responding" (but these disappear after a few seconds).

I'm running a Core i5 4790k with 16GB Ram, 1.5TB Hdd, Windows 10-64bit.

My library is on a Networked server, gigabit network, and most of my tracks are in FLAC format.

Current version of Musicbee in use is 2.5.5728.33586

HartOz

Errm I have just tested an alternative app to musicbee, (something to do with primates).

CPU Usage was at a steady 0.2 to 0.5% while playing and memory usage was a lot lower as well.

Please fix this because I don't want to pay for the primate app to get features you give us for free. (although I will make a nice donation to Musicbee LOL).

Steven

• Administrator
try disabling all options in the Player preferences panel and also changing the output mode set in that panel.
If it doesnt help, i would say its probably related to your audio drivers and perhaps they are not up to date.
Otherwise you best stick with MM as i wont be able to spend any time on this