Author Topic: Playlists: How To (Automatically) Save Changes To Order  (Read 2810 times)

simont

101 type question I'm afraid: what's the recomended way to save changes made to the order of a standard (non-auto) playlist?

For me, changes made (in the now playing pane) to the playlist order are only saved when I save the playlist as a new playlist, ie not in situ.    I've tried toggling the <from memory> playlist  'automatic save changes' option but this seems to have no effect, on or off.

Hey, maybe saving order changes as a new playlist is the way to go, but it seems a bit inelegant so wanted to check.

Thanks!

redwing

Probably it saves the changed order as soon as any change is made to. To make sure, right-click on the playlist> List> Update Play Order.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
101 type question I'm afraid: what's the recomended way to save changes made to the order of a standard (non-auto) playlist?

For me, changes made (in the now playing pane) to the playlist order are only saved when I save the playlist as a new playlist, ie not in situ.    I've tried toggling the <from memory> playlist  'automatic save changes' option but this seems to have no effect, on or off.

Hey, maybe saving order changes as a new playlist is the way to go, but it seems a bit inelegant so wanted to check.

Thanks!

To change the order in a playlist, load the playlist in the main panel and change it there.  As you say, once it's in the Now Playing List, you have to resave as a new playlist.  I think "Automatically Update Play Order" has to do with changing the play queue when you drag tracks up and down, not with changing the source playlist (which MB doesn't remember)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

simont

Thanks redwing and scampbll - appreciated - it's now working for me.

I needed your nudge to do the edits in the main rather than the now playing panel.