Author Topic: Version 2.3.5188 Not Saving Edits  (Read 3693 times)

biz_kid1

Version 2.3.5188 is not saving saving edits, like lyrics and album art.  It's not local permissions.  I can add the lyrics to the "Panel Settings" section for lyrics then, in the past, I've had to right-click to "Save Lyrics into Music File" then right-click to "Embed Displayed Lyrics into Music File" in order to save them them.  I'd then close MB and reopen to verify they stay saved.  Ironically, they stay saved in Edit > Lyrics but don't show up in the panel.

This seems to be the biggest issue I've had with MusicBee and the "fix" is usually to download the latest version, but this is the most current one this time...now what?  :(
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:25:56 PM by biz_kid1

biz_kid1

OK...so I played with a little more...seems that the lyrics disappeared when I moved the file (but only from the panel - they stayed in Edit, just wouldn't duplicate over to the panel) from my Downloads folder to my Music folder (on an external hard drive).  I am on Windows 8.1 32-bit.  The file is not blocked (I always "unblock" them in Properties and tweak all my settings before moving them out of my downloads because I want the tags to display correctly for Google Play Music - PITA). ???

Pingaware

2.3.5188 is nowhere near the latest version - see here for more info.

As to your issue, it sounds like the lyrics are saved fine but aren't showing up in the Lyrics panel in the Now Playing panel. Not sure why from your description - try updating to see if that solves the problem. Could also stem from how you're moving your files - do you move them using the commands within MusicBee or using Windows Explorer?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

biz_kid1

Update what?  And I move from Windows Explorer.

Pingaware

Update MusicBee - follow the link in my previous post. In future, try using the Send To commands in MusicBee (right click on the files you want to move) - it might prevent the lyrics disappearing, and definitely prevents lots of other annoying inconsistencies. Also, how are your lyrics saved?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

biz_kid1

Sorry...for whatever reason, my eyes missed the first line!  OK...updated to 2.4.5227.  And I usually just Google "download MusicBee" and got this link (http://getmusicbee.com/download.html), which said it was the most current (Final).

I don't see a Send To option in MB???  Or are you talking about in Explorer (right-click > Send To>?

biz_kid1

OK...so I found how to move the file and tested it.  I copied over one of my songs back into my Downloads folder and renamed it (so as not to mess with the original).  I opened it in MB then right-clicked on the song > Send To > Folder (Move) > Move Files to Folder.  It worked fine when I moved it from the Downloads folder (C:\Users\tinas_000\Downloads) to my Music folder on my external hard drive (E:\My Music) without making any changes to the file BUT when I tried again, I opened it in MB and changed the lyrics (while in the Downloads folder), saved the lyrics to the file, did the Send To folder, I tried a subfolder (E:\My Music\Christian) under the music folder, it moved the file but then popped up an error (should have screen captured it, but something to the effect of it couldn't find the file).  When I then close the file and reopen it (from its moved location, it is no longer in the downloads folder), it doesn't save the lyrics.