Author Topic: Playing more than 15 files from windows explorer  (Read 5245 times)

worm929

hey there!

im a new user and im loving it, but i ran across this problem that is quite inconvenient: if i select more than 15 files in the explorer i can't play them in music bee, the "play with Music Bee" or "queue next" just disappear from the context menu, and pressing enter does nothing either.

i searched the forums and found this one with the same problem: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2399.0 in which Steven responds that it's a Windows limitation, but i have to disagree, since i come from Winamp and i 100% could do this before.
That post is 3 years old so maybe something changed by now, any one know how can i fix this?

thank in advance

redwing

You can drag them to MB shortcut to play even if they are more than 15 tracks.

worm929

i guess thats good enough.. i would still like to be able to have the option to quickly chose to play/queue next/queue last, but it's just a minor thing.

thanks for the help

DharmaLab

Turns out this a feature of windows to prevent accidentally opening a bunch of files with a given context handler.

Luckily, it's windows & there is a way to change the behavior with a reghack. It worked for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/131470-context-menu-items-missing-fix-when-more-than-15-files-selected.html

Carlos0371

I know this is a really old thread, but the problem still exists, and the registry hack didn't do anything for me.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'd suggest googling for other solutions, then. MusicBee can't do anything about this limitation.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I just tested the registry key in that article and it still works for me in Explorer on Windows 10.

Also note this comment though:

Typing in 16 or above will allow Open, Edit, and Print to always be available in the contect menu no matter how many items you select.

However, the number you enter here is how many items you will be able to select at once to actually be able to Open, Edit, or Print them all at once though.

So if the number you set in the registry key is higher than 15 but less than the number of files you have selected, the context menu item will still be displayed but won't work. Set it to something like 100 to be sure that doesn't happen. Also make sure you set the base to Decimal in the dialog box when you're editing it.
Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:40:54 PM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
I have made a change on a suggestion from bee-liever which should now allow right click/ Play Now of more than 15 selected files

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Carlos0371

Hi Steven, can you confirm this works please, and also, where are the MusicBee installation files, because I'm buggered if I can find them??!!

Windows 10 x64

phred

• Global Moderator
where are the MusicBee installation files, because I'm buggered if I can find them??!!
If you're currently running the Installer or Portable versions of either 3.3 or 3.4, see my sig to update via a patch. Be sure you read the instructions. If you're using the Store version you can not update until Steven issues a full release for which there is no timetable. Better off to get rid of the Store version and use either of the other two so you can use the frequent patches that are issued.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here