Author Topic: Exporting and importing all playlists  (Read 12168 times)

brineybreezes

Good day,

Is there a way to export and import all MusicBee playlists to a file so I can have my playlists on multiple devices?

Thanks,

Briney

phred

• Global Moderator
For exporting...
First you need to define the path for your exported playlists (you only need to do this once unless you want/need to change the path):
Edit \ Preferences \ Playlists \ Exported Playlists \ enter the path and the format.

Then right-click on a playlist and select List \ Export as External Playlist.
Repeat for each playlist.

For importing...
I'm pretty sure you can't do a mouse-click import.  But as long as the path is correct, all you need to do is copy the file to MB's playlist folder.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you can import by drag-and-drop, but I can't swear to it. The easiest way is probably to include playlists in the Rescan/Add Files command.

If you're copying them for importing into another copy of MB, you may find it easiest to use Windows Explorer to copy the whole Playlist folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

triker trash

???  I'm brand new to Music Bee and I'm really impressed.  However, I have a problem.   I'm  trying to copy songs from an external hard drive to Music Bee...   I am able to do is play the music on my E: drive, but not copy it.  I would like to use my desk top as my main file location.  The files I'm trying to copy are ones put on my external hard drive by a tech after he had rescued them when my old computer crashed.  Most were downloaded into itunes from emusic.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you can load them into MusicBee from their current location, then try right clicking and using the Send To > Folder (Move) command.  Probably best to start with a few tracks first to see how it goes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)